Found In An Attic

I found these in an attic today. Nothing in our Standards of Practice seems to cover it.

P4110156.JPG

P4110155.JPG

Duck, cover and RUN :shock:

Munitions that old could be incredibly unstable. This would be a good call for the Bomb Squad. . .

nice

NOT nice…

Recomment to the owner get more insurance on the home – Recomend the owner wait 30 days or so about a block away

Then call the PD

Then get at least a block away

rlb

Way to go, Jim. Now all these folks from out of state will know Texans are nuts.:smiley:

Doesn’t everybody have mortars and grenades in the attic?

Supposedly, the blue on the mortar means it’s a practice or dummy “training” round . . .

Cover…

from the looks of all the mouse turds, I would have to say that it’s thier kitchen and they have it booby trapped!

If the house was a POS I would reccomend pulling the pin and run like hell!!:twisted:

I guess, whether it is coded yellow, green, red, etc., I would terminate the inpection of the area until someone of Authority of this type of munition takes care of it.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Call me crazy, but maybe the home owner put this there to divert your attention from other serious problems. It is ovious (hopefully) these are older and probably fake or maybe this person just hates rats. Maybe he wants to just do away with them in a big way. But be careful, you do live in Texas dude (BOOM)

https://www.denix.osd.mil/denix/Public/Library/Explosives/UXOSafety/proginfo.html

This link will provide some information on actions to take when encountering UneXploded Ordnance (UXO). Being near Fort Hood, the local authorities are well versed on how to handle the situation.

Army-wide analyses of accidents involving military munitions and civilian personnel indicate that failure to respect the explosive hazards associated with munitions, particularly UXO, is the main cause of accidents involving munitions. Remember military munitions were designed to destroy enemy weapons or kill or incapacitate the enemy. Soldiers are only allowed to handle and use military munitions after extensive training. Soldiers that respond to UXO are Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) personnel. The training requirements for these highly trained and specially equipped teams are both stringent and far more extensive because of the increased hazards. DoD only authorizes EOD personnel to respond to from local law enforcement personnel for support of a discovery of munitions by the public.

The best way to avoid an incident and being added to this website, as an example, is to learn and remember the 3Rs (Recognize, Retreat, and Report). Remember, if you discover or think you have discovered a UXO, do not touch or disturb it, but call 911.
Incidents
Press Releases