Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > General Inspection Discussion

Notices

General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1/30/13, 6:12 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: Free Recall Ckeck Service

I think all of this RecallChek stuff has grown legs and become a forum monster. Everyone is entitled their own opinion. Marketing as an inspector is VERY tricky. I have always tested new additional services in my area and have eliminated some, kept others. I don't think RecallChek is any different than offering a Pool Inspection. From what I've heard, it sounds like a good service. I'm sure at some point I'll look into it more as it does sound like a better value than just looking things up on the net. If I can save even 10 minutes on my report time I'd probably have had the time to call Nate back, and asked Russel why he didn't respond to my private message...jk! I'm b I t c h I n g about being busy, I can't imagine what you're going through. But please feel free when you do have a chance. Nate, i will call but my 5 year old son just went through hell with an illness, and I've been sitting next to a teething 10 month old girl since 3am with my travel mug of coffee and some great reading material!

Bottom line, use what works for you and your market.
And don't get upset when it works for others. Best? Maybe not all. Value? Absolutely.

....is it time to go to bed yet.....zzzzZZZZzZZZzzzzz
Need a home inspection in Wisconsin? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Wisconsin certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/30/13, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Hey Jeff,

I'll provide the link and information in my inspection reports and give the client a real brief description during their briefing. The We Make It Safer Team prefers that consumers get involved directly so they can see that this recall check is for everything in the CPSC database and not just appliances we check on site. They also have a rewards program as an incentive to get consumers checking for more recalled items. They do this all for free to the consumers and offer some great services for businesses as well.

If you do run into any issues with the service the We Make It Safer Team is very receptive to notices of them, suggested changes, etc. I suggested a very simple change and made a suggestion to them. They reviewed it, agreed it would be more beneficial, and had it changed in a matter of a few short hours. If you have suggestions on potential services they are happy to take them and review them. I've spoken to the Team directly and they are very intelligent women with a true passion to help with the confusion that recalls have.

We Make It Safer

WWW.WEMAKEITSAFER.COM
Are any of the people at wemakeitsafer InterNACHI members? Kind of odd that some people are trying so hard to steer others away from other NACHI members services.

Chris Walsh
Bracebridge, Ontario.
(705) 646-3838
www.muskokahomeinspector.com
cwalsh@vianet.ca

Any information posted by me on this site should be considered as a personal opinion, belief or assumption and cannot be attributable by way of association to any other company, person or agency.
Old 1/30/13, 7:22 AM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: ldapkus1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
Are any of the people at wemakeitsafer InterNACHI members? Kind of odd that some people are trying so hard to steer others away from other NACHI members services.
The "member" is a used house salesman who became a member to sell his product (which is available at no charge)
NACHI members should help each other for the good of the organization, not to pit his NACHI customers against NACHI non-customers.
Old 1/30/13, 7:37 AM
Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 is offline
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
Hello Chris,

There is no real reason that a good and honest organization like We Make It Safer needs to be a member for their service to be announced here. There are many worthwhile organizations such as We Make It Safer that are placed on this message board regularly. It is important that the INACHI members know all of the good and honest service providers that are out there. That helps balance out all of the less than honest ones out there.

You should check out the We Make It Safer WEB site as they have a really excellent service that is intended to actually help consumers instead of making money off of them!

We Make It Safer

WWW.WEMAKEITSAFER.COM

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

http://www.psinspection.com

TREC License# 7593

Professional Real Estate Inspections for the counties of Collin, Rockwall, Hunt, Dallas, Tarrant, Kaufman and all surrounding areas. If you want the the best you will find it with PS Inspection & Property Services LLC!
Old 1/30/13, 8:25 AM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: ldapkus1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthornberry View Post
Who was a "used house salesman"? It's real estate agent by the way.

Are you referring to me?
If the shoe fits, wear it.
Old 1/30/13, 8:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Quote:
Well, you'd probably hand your clients an outlet tester as well if you weren't legally obligated in your minimum inspection business to inspect electrical systems.
Wow, very uncool and unnecessary comment even for you Nathan.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia Certification#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 1/30/13, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeilson View Post
Wow, very uncool and unnecessary comment even for you Nathan.

Jim
That is so typical of nateys style.

He attacks those he can't get to support his business and sell his "services.

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Old 1/30/13, 10:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Quote:
Don't take it out of context Jim, Emmanuel started a whole thread about how ancillary services are not legal, making multiple statements about his adherence to TREC standards only.

He found this CPSC portal, I asked if he uses it...NO.

I take exception to the "even for you" comment- I'm always cool and very necessary

It was still an uncalled for comment no matter what services he uses, to cut down on his skills is just not cool, as you don't know how he conducts his inspections. And my even for you comment, well lets get real your marketing strategies include belittling those that do not use your products, or agree with all your marketing strategies and you make this very well known over and over again.

Like I have said a zillion times, it is not your products, it's your aggressive, marketing attacks on those that don't agree with you that is the issue.

Remember Karma is a Bi...CH and will always come back and kick your A... Do onto others as you want them to do onto you. Peace, Love and good honest business.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia Certification#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 1/30/13, 10:41 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhensel View Post
What is the difference between this and

Everybody else is just looking around?
I myself have been waiting on an answer to that one!

George Russell
George Russell Professional Inspections
Lampasas,Texas
TREC # 10215
512-296-9538
http://georgerussellprofessionalinspections.com/
http://www.facebook.com/austinhomeinspections
Old 1/30/13, 12:16 PM

What a twit

www.InspectraPro.com

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Call me

Old 1/30/13, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Twit, Scumbag...keep it coming Michael. When others run out of things to say, they just stop typing!

I see you're home again...
Spin, spin, spin

www.InspectraPro.com

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Call me

Old 1/30/13, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
You should check out the We Make It Safer WEB site as they have a really excellent service that is intended to actually help consumers instead of making money off of them!
Do you provide your excellent knowledge and customer service to your clients for FREE. Why not?

There is nothing wrong with providing a great service and making money from it.

That site is good. Is it better than the disputed service, NO!

Safe House Property Inspections

Virginia Beach Home Inspector

Hampton Roads Home Inspector

Professional home inspector serving Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, and Chesapeake 757-418-0944
Old 2/6/13, 12:21 PM

Not sure why everyone wants to bash Nathan. He is a businesman like us, he offers a service. You don't have to subscribe.
Need a home inspection in Wisconsin? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Wisconsin certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 2/6/13, 12:30 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirienzo View Post
Not sure why everyone wants to bash Nathan. He is a businesman like us, he offers a service. You don't have to subscribe.
Then you need to go back and read all the threads from the beginning where he bashes all the inspectors that do not subscribe to his services!

It's not an issue of his services so much as his attitude and attempt at controlling inspectors that are intelligent enough to see him for what he is!

Btw... why are all the Nathan supporters compelled to come here and continually bash those that choose not to subcribe to his services? They all say "use it or not", but then they follow that up with continually trying to "force it" down our throats?

'Splain that Lucy!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

Old 2/6/13, 12:51 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Quote:
You read into things what you want to...show me one post where I've said inspectors that don't use my stuff "suck". I'll be happy to edit it, as it certainly wasn't what was meant.

In fact, I think I've applauded you for going beyond the minimums and actually checking for recalls which I obviously support...'Splain that!
Suffice it to say that your reply is all telling...

You do not deny anything I said above, except that you are "technically" correct in that you "haven't said" we suck. You infer it in your comments, you as much as say it in your realtor email blasts, but worse yet, you convince the "less worldly" (your words, other thread, turned around) to fight your battles for you.

As for your 'applauding' my efforts, thank you, but this isn't about that, and you know it.

Later... maybe.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).