Help for industry vendors is coming soon.

A recent thread on the InterNACHI message board (started by a non-member) contained a rumor which lead many vendors to believe that InterNACHI would promote their products and services in return for only 25% of the new sales we generate for vendors.

This false internet rumor caused InterNACHI to get bombarded from inspection industry vendors who “wanted in on the deal” thinking InterNACHI could generate them new sales.

Unfortunately, when a deal sounds too good to be true, it’s usually because it is.

There simply is no financial way for InterNACHI to generate new sales for vendors in return for only 25% of those sales, especially on the low-ticket-price products and services commonly used by inspectors… just not enough money in it to cover our costs. We have deleted the thread from our message board and apologize to any vendor who was mislead by it.

We realize that the current economic situation is particularly difficult on inspection industry vendors and we want to help. We are developing some options, above and beyond the free promotion that we currently provide vendors, that would cover our costs, provide a little left over funds to support InterNACHI member projects, and still be considered high-value to vendors. We hope to announce them soon.

Be assured that nothing we offer will eliminate the existing free exposure that vendors have always enjoyed. Providing free access to our members is almost unheard of in other trade associations of any industry, but we feel that our members benefit by having all options available to them. We encourage you to take advantage of this free exposure and want to assure you that we will continue to provide it to vendors into the future, at no charge:

• Access to the inspection industry’s most popular message board (170 times the traffic of the next most popular). InterNACHI’s message board has over 20,000 registered users and gets as many as 400 posts an hour. All inspection industry vendors can read and post with almost no limit. www.nachi.org/forum/
  • Inclusion in InspectorMall.com. Provided that you offer an unbeatable, exclusive deal or discount to InterNACHI members, InterNACHI will link to you from the mall. www.InspectorMALL.com
  • Exposure with the Daily Door Prize. InterNACHI will give away your product or service as part of InterNACHI’s Daily Door Prize. Many play, many watch, only one wins. It is a great way to gain exposure in the inspection industry. www.nachi.org/dailydoorprize.htm
  • Use of InterNACHI’s Superior Product Seal. Approval required. www.nachi.org/productseals.htm
  • Use of InterNACHI’s Superior Service Seal. Approval required. www.nachi.org/productseals.htm
  • Use of InterNACHI’s Approved Education Seal. Available to schools and trainers who offer educational opportunities to inspectors. www.nachi.org/educationseal.htm

Best wishes to all inspection industry professionals for 2009.

Sincerely,

Nick Gromicko
Founder

Does this mean that vendors no longer “pay to play”?

By the way, you are lying again. I never said that vendors were required to pay 25% of new sales. This was your invention that you fabricated and added to the thread that you have since deleted.

No vendor has ever paid us a penny for the free exposure they’ve always enjoyed.

Don’t believe me? Call them all up and ask. Here they are: www.InspectorMALL.com

Vendors get all this free… (as Nick stated)

• Access to the inspection industry’s most popular message board (170 times the traffic of the next most popular). InterNACHI’s message board has over 20,000 registered users and gets as many as 400 posts an hour. All inspection industry vendors can read and post with almost no limit. www.nachi.org/forum/
  • Inclusion in InspectorMall.com. Provided that you offer an unbeatable, exclusive deal or discount to InterNACHI members, InterNACHI will link to you from the mall. www.InspectorMALL.com
  • Exposure with the Daily Door Prize. InterNACHI will give away your product or service as part of InterNACHI’s Daily Door Prize. Many play, many watch, only one wins. It is a great way to gain exposure in the inspection industry. www.nachi.org/dailydoorprize.htm
  • Use of InterNACHI’s Superior Product Seal. Approval required. www.nachi.org/productseals.htm
  • Use of InterNACHI’s Superior Service Seal. Approval required. www.nachi.org/productseals.htm
  • Use of InterNACHI’s Approved Education Seal. Available to schools and trainers who offer educational opportunities to inspectors. www.nachi.org/educationseal.htm

If they want more, then there may be some cost that have to be
covered to do more. What’s wrong with that?

Regarding the 25% issue… that was the whole point of the contention.
25% is not enough commission to pay for the EXTRA expense it takes
to market a LOW DOLLAR item. It is so simple :roll:

I can tell some people have no concept of what it takes to market
someone elses product.

When a vendor pays Nick to play…how does that vendor recover his costs, usually?

Secondly, how will one know that a vendor is being promoted based upon his willingness to pay as opposed to the quality of his product? Will inferior products be promoted to members for their use by the association strictly based upon the vendor’s willingness to pay money to Nick?

LOL. You are good. Very good.

“No vendor has ever paid us a penny for the free exposure…”

…but vendors have paid you thousands of dollars for the status of being a “preferred vendor”, haven’t they?

Oh my.

Nick,

Stop the spinning, we get enough of that from the talking heads on TV.

We know vendors get free exposure. Jim never said we were charging 25%, that was a figure offered by a particular vendor.

Sometimes just saying nothing says it all. The spinning just makes dizziness. :cool:

Blaine,

Yes, and the offer was rejected.

Jim writes:

Nope. Not a penny ever.

Thank you,

I would consider 25% of gross sales for “advertising” to be a prohibitive amount, bordering on wise guy territory.

I’ve never owned or operated a company where the advertising budget was in excess of 8% of gross sales.

So…a vendor who claims that you receive $100 for each item he sells in order to be a “preferred vendor” is lying in his email?

If you can find someone who will market my class for 8%, I will be thrilled
(and my class is not considered a low ticket item).

By the time you pay people on the phone, office expense, phone bills,
printing cost, etc… you can see what I mean… 8% of a low ticket
items is not going to cut it.

But… the bottom line is… the vendor offered it and NACHI said no thanks.

No damage done and everyone has a choice.

Well then Blaine, you sell a low-ticket item and keep the whopping 8% then. Email me and I’ll tell you who the vendor is.

Jim, correct, I don’t receive $100, or even 10 cents from any vendors.

Then, contrary to what McKenna posted, you have stopped “pay for play”. Correct?

The incentive when charging 8% or even 10% would be volume. Every business is looking for volume. If you sell one low ticket product, 8% is nothing. Sell 1000 of them, and 8% becomes a desirable amount of money. Get 50 vendors, and the commission becomes exponential.

Advertising budget is money set aside simply to sell the item. The person who designs and markets the item or product is foolish if they give away 25% of their business for dubious or unproven results. Office staff, phone bills, personnel, etc. are not considered advertising expenses, unless the sole purpose of those items is for advertising.

If I were the vendor, I might agree to a graduated scale based upon performance with proof, rather than innuendo. Anyone can claim to do anyting, but the proof would be in increased sales.

I doubt inspectors here are giving anyone 25% of each inspection they do in a particular real estate office. If they are, not only are they fools, but ESOP is looking at them.:wink:

Oh, and my understanding is that 25% was turned down, and 50% of gross was requested. Nice work if you can get it!

Blaine, the vendor came on the thread and admitted in person and publicly that it wasn’t

It was 25% of only the NEW business that InterNACHI would have to cover all the costs and take all the risks in generating. InterNACHI would have to pay for all the

required to generate this NEW business. So

is no concern of the vendor. It was a straight percentage.

I know that. He was also told 50% would be more like it.

I’m stubborn. I wouldn’t budge for anyone unless it was a sliding scale on the results, period. That is the problem when claims are high and deliveries are low. Everyone claims they will get you xxx more business, and it is often far, far below the boast.

Again, great work if you can get it!:wink:

BTW, Kenton pays InterNACHI 50% on his www.nachi.org/narratives.htm and we haven’t made any money on them yet.

I’ll withold my negative comment, but at 50% he ain’t makin no money either.