home advisor membership

what does everyone thing about home advisors?is it worth it?
so they say $17 to $28 a lead and up to $1000 month against credit card for leads??
is this right? does the lead guarantee you a inspection?
would it be better to start out just by word of mouth and expert customer service.
not to mention $340 annual and $60 month for some software.
thoughts? on the fence

Research them here on the forum much information. In my opinion run and put your money to use on good marketing

thank you

So many threads on this subject here. Here’s the Reader’s Digest Condensed Version:

Many hate it. No one loves it. Some markets are better than others. Some people are ignorant, inconsiderate, price-fixated, and will waste your time. It will cost a lot of money, but experience comes at a price, and being an active inspector will put you in contact with Realtors and clients needing inspection. If you are really good and offer excellent value, it can work in your favor. If you are mediocre, you will be frustrated because your customers will choose someone else. Not being beholden to a Realtor for work relieves you of the temptation of producing a “patty-cake” inspection. HA will provide refunds for bad leads, but they are the ones who decide, and you will not always agree with them. People can trash you unfairly in the reviews and you will have no recourse in most instances. It’s a suck-a** way to get leads, but when you’re starting out, it may be the quickest way to get things moving.

To your questions:
what does everyone thing about home advisors?is it worth it? Has been for me, but referrals from Realtors and clients are the best way in the long run.
so they say $17 to $28 a lead and up to $1000 month against credit card for leads?? Rates are higher in my market
is this right? does the lead guarantee you a inspection?No
would it be better to start out just by word of mouth and expert customer service.
not to mention $340 annual and $60 month for some software.Depends on how quickly you need to be doing inspections and generating income. HA is faster, but it can become an expensive crutch.

Hi Craig… have fun out there & good luck! :slight_smile:

Home Advisors

Using Home Advisor

Home Advisor investigation

I’ve seen some guys get a ton of business from them. At least that’s the way it looks from the outside. No telling how much they paid in leads to determine if it’s worth it. They’ve been calling me a bunch. Just can’t seem to commit to paying that much for leads.

Take the money you would spend on HA leads and invest in the best managed website you can afford. Market to the REA offices.

This is what HA is doing taking your money and promoting their website and marketing their brand. They tend to pray/call on new home inspectors because they know you are hungry for business and it takes time to establish yourself and build those referral sources.

Remember that they will send the lead to 3 or 4 other inspectors at the same time. You need to be the first to call and the lowest price.

it depends on where you are but i wouldnt recommend it even if your new. They throw the referral to all the inspectors in your area that use HA. So that could be $17 down the drain if your a half second slow dialing the clients number. Plus they wont be guaranteed clients anyways.

Yelp would probably be a better investment and I wouldnt recommend them either.

In my market, some go to as many as 3 inspectors. You don’t have to be the cheapest of the 3, but you do need to be able to sell yourself effectively. It’s certainly helps to be the first to get through, but I have gotten plenty of jobs from messages and texts I have left.

Some leads go only to the first inspector who picks it up, but they are more expensive.