Inspection agreement question

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you use the NACHI agreement between inspector and client as is. Also, I am thinking about going to a printer and have them make a two or three copy version so client has to sign only once( like carbon copy ). Is this appropriate or should the client sign original copies for himself and me or maybe even for the clients realtor if they desire.
One more thing. The pre-inspection agreement. When I was an inspector a few years ago, we never had one of these. Is it the norm now ? I understand that it would probably give me a little added protection but it might also scare a potential client away. What is your opinion ? Thanks alot.

Bump ! :mrgreen:

James,

We just recently went over this. You may have missed it.
](http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1603)

Yeah I saw that thread but I’m still a little unclear I guess. From reading that thread I get the idea that most of you do NOT use the agreement as it is written. I’m not an attorney and I don’t play one on TV so I guess I’ll just trust the good folks here at NACHI and use it as it is written.

I also did a search about the pre-inspection agreement and didn't find much.............oh wait, I forgot to check the archived threads. I'll be back in a flash........

James,

Have your attorney look over the NACHI agreement and add/edit his own lingo, as most of us have already done.

You do have an attorney, Right???

No attorney yet. I’m lucky my budget allows me to buy toilet paper.:shock: I’m doing the best I can at the moment. Hopefully when I start booking inspections I can get an attorney.

James:

The time to meet with the Business Attorney is Before you do an Inspection.

Business Incorporation, Fictitious Name, Insurance, Contracts, etc…

Yes but I figured out how to file for ficticious name ( why pay an attorney for that ? ), I don’t want to incorporate yet, I can get E and O without an attorney, and I’m trying to find out about contracts now. Of course having an attorney do these things for me would probably be wise but I don’t have an extra $1000 or $1500 laying around. It’s hard enough paying for tools, re-training, NACHI, printing brochures, cards, other papers, office equipment and supplies, insurance, etc. etc. etc. If I wait until I save anymore money I’ll be old enough to retire. Now is the time. I have to make due with what I have to get started.

James,

We have the NACHI inspection agreement available as a 2 part form.

Only 45¢ each.

You can see them and order online here.

Let me know if you would like me to send you a free sample.

Don’t forget about your Charlotte County License ($140). There are more lawyers in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte than Palm Trees! Make sure your agreement protects you!

No offense, but OUCH! He said he was looking to save money. File, Print costs far less and there are no shipping charges. And the download is free.

Is this an official, approved by NACHI store?

http://www.nachi.org/certifiednachistore.htm

James, I can definately relate to the starting on a small budget thing, I use the nachi agreement with just a few things added, I just made a copy of the one available on this site, went to office max here and got two part carbonless forms made for .21 cents each, sorry Jay, but your “only .45” is pretty high!

My local printer does my 3-part and 2-part carbonless forms for .14 -.17 cents per form.

My last order was 1000 2-part forms and 5500 3-part forms for a grand total of $1,075.00.

Yes, send me a free copy to: akron112@aol.com Thanks Arnold’s Home Inspection, Akron,Ohio.

I just don’t get it. Copies…special printing…downloading…

What the hell ever happened to carbon paper?

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: