Inspection Cameras

Hello everyone, does anybody know what a good camera to use in dark spaces, dust proof and can take decent quality pictures. Having a hard time finding the right camera. Thank you.

What have you already tried and what didn’t you like about them? Give us something to work with here!

Generally speaking, cameras with larger sensors tend to do better in low light situations. Megapixel counts seem to have less importance than the physical size of the sensor (not all megapixels are created equal). Larger sensors are more expensive.
Personally, I have had good luck with Sony Nex5n, they can be found used for cheap and they have an APS-C (23.7mm x 15.6mm) sensor. They are vulnerable to dust but I do a fair amount of crawl space and they have worked well for me.

Ive been using the Canon Powershot sx620. It has been great. The 25x optical zoom is nice to have when needed as well. It is worth a look. I wish you luck.

Thomas… how does that flash work out for you?

Access Denied

For a point and shoot, I have no complaints. It is what it is as they all have their limitations at some point. I have no complaints about the flash yet. Are there better cameras, sure. For what it cost and compared to other point and shoot cameras I have used, it is the best value I have found.

Jeffrey, I also think that client fidelity pledge is a great idea. It’s nice to see someone in business using “promise” language. Its not used anywhere anymore and it should still stand for something.

Was just curious as all the p&s cameras I have used are built-in, not pop-out, and was unsure if is actually useful and hold up well in dusty crawls and dark attics? I like the button positions on your suggestion. I currently use a Lumix, which I really like, EXCEPT for the ‘record’ button being on top next to the ‘shutter-release’ button. I am frequently hitting the ‘record’ by mistake. Pain in the butt!!

I agree. Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/vtexofP.jpg?fb

Jeffrey,

That would be a pain. I do like the pop up flash. I have had no issues with dust or dirt yet. I also blow the camera off gently with a can of air if it gets dirty. I am usually one that likes simple and less moving parts to go bad kind of guy, but so far it hasn’t given me any issues. The camera has wifi and with that zoom for the price, is a value in my book. I also take a lot of pictures and was going through Nikons much faster than I should have been. That is basically why I switched to Canon. Lumix is also a great brand. I have big hands, so button position is important, especially on these little cameras. Have a great day!

I have 2 720sx and love them, the flash on one sticks and I have to force it open but I dropped it and partially bent it…it will go 6-7 hrs and about 600 pics per charge, mine have 40x digital zoom which is quite handy…they are going on 15-16 months ( only really use one daily, the other is used a couple times a week)…would buy another in a heart beat when one dies

I use a Nikon coolpix W300 series. It’s dust proof, shock proof and water proof. Small enough for a pocket or a pouch. Takes excellent photos, even in a lower resolution setting (so that the files are not large). The only negative is the fine focus for when you taking photos of data tags and such. Just fine in attics.