New Inspector/Need Help & Feedback

My name is Ian and I am new to the home inspection world. I live in Long Beach California and I just completed my course program from AHIT (American Home Inspectors Training) and am anxious to start the next step.

I’ve recently become a member of InterNACHI and started the courses here. I’m still figuring out the site and need to know exactly what courses I need to complete here to become certified by InterNACHI.

I’m interested in possibly working for an established Inspection company to gain experience before I consider starting my own business.

If anyone has any feeback, pointers, know any companies in Southern California,and any general knowledge I need to know to get up to speed I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance!!

Ian Coggeshall

Hi Ian
Keep reading and researching as there is not one single easy answer .

All the answers are here and part of being a good inspector is learning to research .

There are many franchises that will be contacting you as you are now on a list .

Thanks Bob I appreciate the info.

What classed are required should be pretty clear when you log into the members-only panel. The classes are clearly marked “required in your first year of certification” and “Additional Courses”

Read the California forum, as there are some California specific things to know.

There may be companies hiring, but not many want to train someone’s whose goal is to leave and be a competitor.

If you promise not to market in the San Fernando Valley, you can drive up and pick my brain for the cost of a burrito, as I don’t service Long Beach.

It’s been 5 days and the person has yet to log back in.

I guess they didn’t want it bad enough. I’ll buy my own burrito then.

Very nice of you willing to share Ian. :slight_smile:
He saw your post.

Screenshot-2018-5-30 InterNACHI Inspection Forum - Who's Online.png

Ian,

Sorry for the delayed response. I do appreciate you reaching out. If the offer still stands I would love to buy you a burrito and ask you some questions on getting started. Let me know what time and date works best for you and I’ll be there. Have a great evening!

Ian