Insurance at FREA - new fee

Did anyone notice the change with FREA lately?

They are starting to charge $50 for each certificate of insurance that you request that shows a builder as an additional insured (was one of the benefits of being a customer).

These are often required by the builders to inspect new houses.

I typically get 4-5 of these every year so I may have to take my business elsewhere.

If you are a customer there they have a list started of those that oppose the new fee. Please call them or email and express your concerns.

(800) 882-4410 and/or ext 101

I increase my fees for my services on a regular basis. If people think that I am worth the extra fee, they pay it. If they don’t, they go to someone else.

They kept it quiet, they said it was mentioned in the renewal forms but I did not see it.
Little bit sneaky if you ask me.

Sounds sneaky.

If they’re worth it, I’d pay it. If not, I’d find a better carrier.

Increasing our fees is sneaky?

I’m gonna write my local senator and tell him I think the increase in the price of gas is sneaky :wink:

add in the fact that ethanol plants have been going gangbusters for 6 months- it sure makes the gas hikes look planned. someone is going to come out as the hero for building the billions of dollars worth of ethanol plants finally. our next president perhaps?

It was not an increase to anything, it is a NEW fee.

Here is what I posted:

They kept it quiet, they said it was mentioned in the renewal forms but I did not see it. Little bit sneaky if you ask me.