ladder stand offs?

Hi all,
Looking at ladder stand offs and was wondering if anyone used them. Quick internet search yielded the following:

http://www.buyladder-max.com/

Here is pricing on the ladder-max:

Anyone with experience with any of them or other recommendations?
Thanks
Joe

I use them but made them myself from 2x4 scraps. Off and on in a minute but I usually leave them on.

Here’s something like I made, mine also have a groove that goes into the siderail so all I need is 1 screw to hold them.

For $100.00 it’s an invaluable tool. Werner makes a model I have used for 20 or more years. It has a “U” shape rather than “Y” and attaches over the top rung with a loaded clip at the bottom rung. The supplied rubber bumpers are inclined to fall off.

Is this what you have?

[quote=“plesieur, post:2, topic:91542”]

I use them but made them myself from 2x4 scraps. Off and on in a minute but I usually leave them on.

Here’s something like I made, mine also have a groove that goes into the siderail so all I need is 1 screw to hold them.

[/QUOTE]

If you’re following that video, you’re going to aerate the ladder rails moving those standoffs up and down to accommodate different roof heights.

Yeah they don’t always work but do most of the time. I have been on lots of roofs and have not caved any gutters nor cracked/ damaged shingles.

I did my own because I couldn’t find my extensions and liked them enough to keep using them.

I have rubber booties that fit the 2x4.

[quote=“plesieur, post:2, topic:91542”]

[/QUOTE]

What kind of Mickey Mouse setup is that? Give me a break.

Ok, you have a break.

It works and works well. This setup has been around for years and stows away in little space. Off on in seconds.

What’s the problem? Do you think anyone cares that its home built?

I wouldn’t like the idea of drilling holes in my ladder either. Clamps may be a good idea.

I use the standard Werner stand off that clamps to the ladder. Its light weight, attaches securely and affordable. I have one that is designed for ease of installation and removal its also by Werner. I used it once I found because its heavier it made the ladder harder to maneuver when extended and it almost fell off. However, this may have been a result of operator error ( improper installation) either way I didn’t like it.