Message board duplicate posts.

It seems that a lot of threads and questions are duplicated.

Like FPE, Bonding, Flexible gas pipe, report software and the list goes on.

Now the Search function can help but with so many posts and threads it can be difficult to obtain the information that is being questioned.

Is there a way to edit or create a better search feature on the board. Can it be categorized?

Like lets say I want info on FPE electrical.

The search would go into an electrical search and then FPE would be listed. Then I can click on the FPE posts.

I try to internet and Nachi search before I post so I do not duplicate.

It justs seems that there are way to many duplicate posts and finding through the current search can be quite cumbersome.

Also all the work that is being done with Nachi TV, Inspection graphics, educational resources. It would be neat if within the search there would be links directed to these areas.

Like for example a deck question would be in Exterior/Decks. Sub title Ledger boards/ Links to Inspection Graphics and any Nachi TV or educational resources on Decks.

Just thinking of away to reduce the amount of duplicate posts.

If questions were not duplicated there would be nothing to talk about :slight_smile:
New info,perspectives and changes in code make @ post unique

For questions like reporting software, FPE panels and general topics that get the same answers over and over, a “sticky” thread on each topic would do the trick. Sticky threads stay at the top of the list at all times.

BTW, I never realized just how heavily this board is moderated. I’ve posted a couple harmless threads recently that never made it through. Either someone has a personal grudge against me (highly likely) or this board is tightly under lock and key. Such a shame.

And just so you moderators know, you may want to start re-checking all of the non-member posts that you let through because all I had to do was edit this one to add the second paragraph (that didn’t get through in another thread).

After about the 10th time asking about FPE panels it gets kinda redundant.

It was just a thought.

I have said since the day it started, moderation will be used as a revenge mechanism. When my membership expired, I made many technical posts that never appeared, so I simply gave up. Several were answers to very important inspector questions.

Nick, how about appointing two or three moderators who have a history of fairness and professionalism. You have at least two now who I would have barred from consideration let alone appointed. Nick, you have no idea how many non-members who want to contribute that are being bounced by hostile idiots. I would hardly call this an improvement to the association.

[quote=“ekartal, post:5, topic:40290”]

I have said since the day it started, moderation will be used as a revenge mechanism. **When my membership expired, I made many technical posts that never appeared, so I simply gave up. Several were answers to very important inspector questions./**quote]

I had the same problem. Sometimes, though, I think I would have been better off that way.

Absolutely agree…