Missing meter housing?

I’ve been doing a lot of research trying to determine exactly how this happened and how to appropriately explain it within my report, can anyone please lend some advice? Directly below this point is the main public water supply piping on the basement level, and the gas meter is on the adjacent exterior wall with an older housing case. In the second photo, there is an exterior faucet that is blended into the stone.

Any advice or recommendations would be helpful, thank you!

Have you considered hiring a qualified inspector?

LOL. :mrgreen: Be nice. He doesn’t have a logo for this item.

Okay. I’m sorry. Maybe the INACHI marketing team can make one for him. Of course after he joins. :cool:

Is this you?
http://www.homefaxinspections.com/

Probably this guy:

I own this company and this is the first time I’ve visited the forum, or was are of any posts created since the account was started in 2015. Apparently one of my assistant inspectors in training (who is no longer with the company) had started this post thread regarding “meter housing” under my account in 2016; I remember having to correct and coach him on this over a year ago when he was doing a practice inspection. Cannot figure out how to edit or delete the post, so I’m adding this reply for documentation and explanation purposes, including a reply to each of the members who commented below:

Regarding such, I was extremely disappointed to see the follow-up comments/replies to his question. No wonder I had to coach him in the manner I did. He was too worried to come to me with a misunderstanding, which was easily corrected, likely based on the arrogant, audacious, non-educational, and irrelevant responses he received from the inspectors who replied. This is why so many professionals can’t stand home inspectors. Ever consider probing, or simply correcting? Weren’t you a new inspector at some point in time? Have some decency and character. It’s people like you who defame the industry of inspectors who actually care to educate, even on the simplest of levels.

I own this company and this is the first time I’ve visited the forum, or was are of any posts created since the account was started in 2015. Apparently one of my assistant inspectors in training (who is no longer with the company) had started this post thread regarding “meter housing” under my account in 2016; I remember having to correct and coach him on this over a year ago when he was doing a practice inspection. Cannot figure out how to edit or delete the post, so I’m adding this reply for documentation and explanation purposes, including a reply to each of the members who commented below:

Regarding such, I was extremely disappointed to see the follow-up comments/replies to his question. No wonder I had to coach him in the manner I did. He was too worried to come to me with a misunderstanding, which was easily corrected, likely based on the arrogant, audacious, non-educational, and irrelevant responses he received from the inspectors who replied. This is why so many professionals can’t stand home inspectors. Ever consider probing, or simply correcting? Weren’t you a new inspector at some point in time? Have some decency and character. It’s people like you who defame the industry of inspectors who actually care to educate, even on the simplest of levels.

Interesting response to a dead post from 18 months ago. :roll:

Anthony Flagg?
You’re a Big Mean Poopie Pants!

Since you posted twice denoting the lack of decency and character…
Anthony Flagg?
You’re a Big Mean Poopie Pants!

I agree with you.

Emmanuel, I responded at this time because it’s the first I’ve seen it, the nature of the post and responses, and fact that I’m a new InterNACHI member, accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, have large scale branding initiatives long under way, and plan to post on threads in the future where I don’t need need to be discounted for credibility issues from posts that were not created by myself. I care about my reputation.

How does disparaging other Inspectors help or build your reputation?