PB Disaster Inspetors

Any of you guys got experience with FEMA disaster inspections? If so, could you shed some light on the subject for the rest of us? The pro and cons and the compensation etc…

Thanks in advance.

I did some after Hurricane Ike. It is not for everyone. If you read their website and PARRs you can learn what the pay etc… The hardest part for me was being away from the family and finding affordable places to stay as everywhere is booked by displaced residents. You will have cost getting through the initial testing wherever you need to go. I have a friend that has been doing them for years and loves it he gave me some tips to increase my production. If you get flood damage you will not do as well as if you did wind damage. They have called me 3 times already and email a few times a week. After they toughened up the background check several no longer meet the requirements. I could go on but if you’d like to call me feel free. 941-920-2775

i’ve taken both the initial & advanced training for these FEMA diaster inspections (through PARR). to me, the purpose of FEMA is to assist people in their time of need. all that I got out of the PARR-FEMA training was the oppertunity to make money. I could not even finish the advanced training with all of the talk of making money in these situations. I personally would not recommend the training or certification process. it’s more of a insurance inspection with the emphasis on making money.

Do you know what they pay for typical inspections? or where to find that info?

Jim

Last I knew they pay $50.00 per. I took the training from Parr but never got called. If your not on the top of the list and been with them awhile you won’t get the call, unless it’s a big event like Katrina.

A few years ago when we had bad flooding in NH the guys that came to inspect were from Texas and California

James they pay 57.00 per inspection. No show pays the same. You can go to PARRs website or PB Inspections for the details. It is not unusual to do 100 plus a week. James feel free to call anytime.

The truth about PaRR Inspections

After completing the workshop Parr will have spin your wills.
You will spend a lot of time and money for finger prints background check etc.
After a year or two, you may be deployed if you are deployed:
This is what will happened.

First you will arrive at the airport you will not find a hotel or a car to rent you will need to arrange it in advance DO NOT book the hotel for a long time you will be moving soon.

Remember this is a disaster Zone all the hotels and cars are booked prepare to pay $50.00 a day for your car and $80.00 a day for your hotel.
When you arrive at the Command Center it will be a Zoo.
You will need to wait for the next workshop (about 3 Hr.)
After completing the workshop they will send you to another workshop now with the computers and a test.(About 3 Hr.)

After completing the computer workshop you will need to stand in line by a trailer outside to get your own computer and a NEW budge. (About 2 Hr.)
When you get your computer it will not be ready and you will need to perform the preparations and set-ups procedures to be able to download any work.

Your First day is GONE.

Next after your setup is done you will receive 3-5 applications you will need to contact the applicants, set up the appointments and do the inspection. But only 3
At the conclusion of your 3 inspections you will need to return to the Command Center to be evaluated. It will most likely be one or two Hrs drive and one or two Hrs waiting for the next supervisor. (Remember it’s a Zoo) about 1,000 to 3,000 inspectors running around with computer in a large hotel convention room.

The supervisors will neat-pick your work, will ok it or may send you back for corrections
Remember you will have only scratched the surface after attending a one- or two-day workshop. Your real training will be in the field. Even after several inspections you will still be learning. FEMA is constantly changing their guidelines. It is practically impassable to get any help from the trainers you are always on your own and will be corrected by the quality control agents in Virginia you may be humiliated for being so misinformed.

Don’t expect any help in the field these people don’t answer their phones

PaRR is deploying too many inspectors in a way that makes it hard for the inspectors to earn money. If you lucky you will have 5 – 7 inspections in the first day and it will taper off daily.

Remember it will cost you about $200.00 a day with at list 2 – 3 days wasted (definitely the first and the last)

The truth about PaRR Inspections

After completing the workshop Parr will have spin your wills.
You will spend a lot of time and money for finger prints background check etc.

After a year or two, you may be deployed if you are deployed:
This is what will happened.

First you will arrive at the airport you will not find a hotel or a car to rent you will need to arrange it in advance DO NOT book the hotel for a long time you will be moving soon.

Remember this is a disaster Zone all the hotels and cars are booked prepare to pay $50.00 a day for your car and $80.00 a day for your hotel.
When you arrive at the Command Center it will be a Zoo.
You will need to wait for the next workshop (about 3 Hr.)
After completing the workshop they will send you to another workshop now with the computers and a test.(About 3 Hr.)

After completing the computer workshop you will need to stand in line by a trailer outside to get your own computer and a NEW budge. (About 2 Hr.)
When you get your computer it will not be ready and you will need to perform the preparations and set-ups procedures to be able to download any work.

Your First day is GONE.

Next after your setup is done you will receive 3-5 applications you will need to contact the applicants, set up the appointments and do the inspection. But only 3

At the conclusion of your 3 inspections you will need to return to the Command Center to be evaluated. It will most likely be one or two Hrs drive and one or two Hrs waiting for the next supervisor. (Remember it’s a Zoo) about 1,000 to 3,000 inspectors running around with computer in a large hotel convention room.

The supervisors will neat-pick your work, will ok it or may send you back for corrections

Remember you will have only scratched the surface after attending a one- or two-day workshop. Your real training will be in the field. Even after several inspections you will still be learning. FEMA is constantly changing their guidelines. It is practically impassable to get any help from the trainers you are always on your own and will be corrected by the quality control agents in Virginia you may be humiliated for being so misinformed.
Don’t expect any help in the field these people don’t answer their phones

PaRR is deploying too many inspectors in a way that makes it hard for the inspectors to earn money. If you lucky you will have 5 – 7 inspections in the first day and it will taper off daily.

Remember it will cost you about $200.00 a day with at list 2 – 3 days wasted (definitely the first and the last)

they Pay $ 57.50 per inspection

I made money and a couple great friends.:slight_smile: