Porch & GoSmith

I received a lead from both and it’s same client. Not the first time either.

Link to Smith - Home

Porch own GoSmith?

I believe they are one in the same. I signed up with Porch as a client looking for a home inspection, and received a text from Smith, as the inspector, asking if I was interested in the job.

I’m not sure, but their websites have a very similar layout.

Wooow!!!

It would behoove anyone interested in doing business with the afore mentioned company to read the “TERMS” and “PRIVACY POLICY”, as is prudent in any business relationship.

I especially like this part of the information sharing disclosure

Interpretation: We have no fricking clue and don’t care in the least how many times, where or to whom your personal information is going to get passed-on, sold, traded, abused, etc. once we trade it off to whomever we choose because you’re just a saleable commodity to us.

Sums it up completely!

What is actually unintelligible are all these Inspectors that sign up for the “Free” services or 90 Day Widgets and don’t bother to read or comprehend what they are agreeing to! Once they sign up they get spammed, taken advantage of, their clients get spammed and taken advantage of, etc., etc., and then they lament about their situation. :roll:

I enjoyed reading this:

Smith - Terms of Service

Terms of Use
Effective Date: September 6, 2017

User Content

By posting or submitting any User Content, you represent and warrant that the User Content is not Prohibited Content and that the User Content is accurate, current and truthful to the best of your knowledge. Please be careful what you post, to avoid inadvertently disclosing your address or any other personal information that you do not wish to be seen by the general public. We do not approve, control or endorse your or anyone else’s User Content and have no obligation to do so. However, we reserve the right (but not the obligation) to review, refuse, remove, change or edit any User Content at any time, in our sole discretion.