Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > General Inspection Discussion

Notices

General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8/19/16, 5:52 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Preferred Home Inspection software?

Does anyone know about 3D? They say they are the only one, that a report can be scrolled through all at once, is that true, nobody else? I mean, that would be important to not have to go in and out of modules. I need auto shrink pics, invoicing, etc, what else? Good voice to text integration, and I want an integrated drawing module in the software??...... Why would software be any number per report? Can't you just buy the software, and maybe pay a maintenance fee for updates, and whatever...
Need a home inspection in Massachusetts? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Massachusetts certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 8/22/16, 3:57 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaeberle View Post
Does anyone know about 3D? They say they are the only one, that a report can be scrolled through all at once, is that true, nobody else? I mean, that would be important to not have to go in and out of modules. I need auto shrink pics, invoicing, etc, what else? Good voice to text integration, and I want an integrated drawing module in the software??...... Why would software be any number per report? Can't you just buy the software, and maybe pay a maintenance fee for updates, and whatever...
I know a little about 3D, I've been using it for over 13 years.

They say they are the only one? They're wrong, there are numerous other programs, although IMO 3D is the best.

that a report can be scrolled through all at once - Yes, I can easily navigate from one section to any other section with one click.

I use a Note 5 and seldom use the camera, but it is an option. I mainly use a TG-4 and it's very simple to insert pictures into any section of the report with a great ease and speed. Of course everything automatically sizes to fit the predetermined picture size.

Voice to text works perfect.

There is an integrated drawing option, which I've never used.

If you get the office version of the software you can send emails to whomever and invoices directly from the program. I use ACC & ISN which as a system works great for me. Another feature I like with the office system is you only fill in the info once, from there forward everything - names addresses costs LA info BA info etc.- is auto-populated.

As stated earlier, download and test the system. I will say whatever system you choose and learn first will most likely be the system you stick with going forward. It took me a good 2 weeks to thouroughly learn the software and there's I'm still learning different tricks and options that the software is capable of.

http://www.thehome-inspection.com/im...mplereport.PDF

Kevin M. Leonard
Ohio Home Inspections
513-895-7700
937-283-5118

Old 8/22/16, 4:12 PM
Active Poster

http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/softw...reporting.aspx
Old 8/26/16, 4:30 PM

Home gauge has web based HTML reports if you subscribe to their report service. This is nice for viewing, enlarging/expanding photos and including video or audio clips. Also nice for viewing from anywhere at any time with internet access.

Home Gauge lags on integration with other service providers, this creates a lot of duplication

Home gauge scheduling system is basic when compared to the competition ISN. They are building it a piece at a time. IMO they need to commit the resources to build a viable alternative.

Their tech support is equal to other programs.

The agents in this area are familiar with the program and the report retrieval process since many of the franchise and multi inspector companies use HG.

Ken Brittain, CPI
Home Vue Inspection Services, llc
Inspecting Charlotte, Concord & Surrounding Cities
InterNACHI 11071502 NCHILB 3262
704-455-0482

Old 8/29/16, 1:01 PM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to dmaricic Send a message via AIM to dmaricic Send a message via MSN to dmaricic Send a message via Yahoo to dmaricic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthomson View Post
I was attempting to produce my reports OnSite using HIP. I guess I'll have to buy a Windows Tablet (Wish Microsoft Surface would come already!) and use a MiFi hotspot to send the report out in the field. Some recommended iPad with GoToMyPC as a way to use HIP to email the report OnSite.
We have some iPad users doing this. They use HIP Mobile on the iPad to do the whole inspection, upload to the cloud, use GoToMyPC or TeamViewer to connect to their office PC. Then generate the report. You'd only be using GoToMyPC or TV for a few minutes so you wouldn't use much bandwidth at all.

2008 InterNACHI Member and Innovator of the Year
HOME INSPECTOR PRO HOME INSPECTION SOFTWARE

InterNACHI Members SAVE $150

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad!

You can now import HomeGauge, 3D, PalmTech & InspectVue Narratives.

InterNACHI members receive 3 months of FREE home inspector website hosting

Insert Video, Interactive Glossary and Sketches Into your Report!!

Old 1/11/17, 9:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dmaricic Send a message via AIM to dmaricic Send a message via MSN to dmaricic Send a message via Yahoo to dmaricic

Mike, I guess you didn't understand any of the emails I sent to you. So I'll try explaining it here.

You bought HIP 3 in 2008. You downloaded a HIP 4 trial in November, emailed me where I gave you an additional discount, and purchased the upgrade at the end of December as well as HIP Mobile. It states all over our site that you can download a free trial, as you did. You don't need to purchase anything to test put HIP Mobile as thousands of inspectors on here can attest to.

When you emailed demanding a refund 3 days later I told you we could definitely refund the mobile portion, as I did immediately for you (which you left off mentioning here of course) as we can turn that off. We don't offer refunds on the main software upgrade as we can't turn your license off once we send it out. That's why we a have free trial (which you had taken advantage of play you owned an easier version!) and we state that on our purchase page. I offered to train you 1 on 1, to have you join a group session, etc. You've never called into support or asked a single question.

You obviously have not been on the forums very often or you'd notice I have over 10,000 posts here for the last decade where I help people. I've given many people the software for free when they were having financial or other issues.

I really should have known better when you were trashing HIP as being too expensive on our Facebook ads, before you purchased and saying how the Microsoft Word program you use is better. When you changed you mind a week later and asked for the HIP upgrade I went against my better judgment and gave you the upgrade. I felt something was weird about that the entire time and obviously I was right.

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad!

Old 1/11/17, 10:03 AM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Dom is anything but rude.

I know, I've had heated discussions with him (where I was the one getting heated) and he's always kept his cool and continues to treat me well.

Dom himself is the main reason I continue to use H.I.P.

I'l admit the learning curve with HIP is a bit high, but once you get a hang of it, it's very powerful software that can help you grow your business.
Old 1/11/17, 1:07 PM
Certified Master Inspector

I was going to change from my current software to HIP a few years back, paid the full, either 4 or 6 hundred, then about 2 weeks later I changed my mind because I didn't want to have to re-learn another program.

Dom promptly refunded my money with no problem.

I consider Dom a friend who is always willing to help inspectors when asked, including people like me, who incidentally aren't even clients of his. Dom, unlike some other vendors we've seen around here, is a true asset to the inspection community.

I can honestly state that without hesitation I would gladly do business with him again in the future if I ever need to.

Kevin M. Leonard
Ohio Home Inspections
513-895-7700
937-283-5118

Old 1/11/17, 3:16 PM

100% Dom is the biggest asset that comes with HIP.

O.P has no idea what he is talking about.
Old 1/11/17, 4:05 PM

I made Mike an offer. If he goes through a training session with us online and tries the program for 2 weeks, and still doesn't think its what he wants to use, I'll issue the refund.

Thanks to the rest of you for the positive comments! I'm glad I've been able to help so many!

Old 7/5/17, 10:52 PM

Started with 3D. Switched to HG and never looked back.
Old 7/10/17, 12:38 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

We use HomeGauge and love it. Very easy to use and their customer service is the best, great people to walk you through problems should you have any or help you from their end.

Lindsey Pagozalski
Florida Home Inspector #HI9518
Level I Thermographer #11273 Infraspection Institute
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Tallahasee's Home Inspection Team
Tallahassee Thermal Imaging