Question

I am a home owner. We recently had about 6" of water in our basement that got into the burner assembly of the water heater which didn’t restart. So we bought a new one for preventing that incident again do you think that http://www.stormtec.net/ is trustful?

Samuel,

Why purchase the storm bag? They are useless. During a flood event, they only soak up the water and now you must lug those heavy water logged bags to a dumpster. A huge waste of time and money.

If you’ve got water issues in your basement, the best thing you can do is to spend money on professional diversions to keep the water out of your basement in the first place. The first thing you need to do is to locate the exact source of your water entry, then have this source professionally corrected in order to keep the water table outside, where it belongs.

Please read this page from my website, and if you still have questions, email me.

Hi Samuel,

I agree with Dave’s comments, however a short term fix maybe to install a sump pump in the basement floor. Also check that water is being directed away from the home through the guttering system and ensuring that the grade falls away from the home for 6 feet around the house.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry,

I know you meant grade slopes at least 6" within the first 10’
The way it read to me was the guy needed a moat :smiley: land shark