Question For Nick

ON a few months ago when all the ESOP and Nathan stuff was going on, you stated that you were going to make a vendors only section. Well what ever happened to that?

Actually my real question and concern is . Home Inspectors have no section that we can talk and discuss issues in where a vendor can’t jump in just to keep up the branding of their products. Ir is really getting sad than nearly every thread started gets polluted by this.

Members are certainly getting harmed by this and for the most part losing their interest in starting quality Inspection related threads.

You need to do something about this before it gets to late.

Jim

Nick, see there you go. A valid question from an actual Home Inspector, to you, and look what happens/. A vendor is the 1st to jump in and spin the question around again. This is what happens in nearly every thread created.

If you won’t get rid or tame down this cancer, I have a suggestion. How about making just 1 section for Inspectors only? This way the vendor can control your board as he is trying to do, but still the inspectors that want to talk with other inspectors without any Vendors still can?

Nick that is really a good Idea, think about it.

Jim

The question and request to Nick is about ALL vendors, and I guess you also fall into that category.

It is only fair that NACHI provide it’s Home Inspector members a place where we can talk without any outsiders chiming in . Nick should honor this request. This is not very difficult to do, actually would take Tim 10 seconds to create it.

Jim

Jim B is not a vendor as the pledge is FREE. I guess Joe does sell the Arbitration service so I guess NO he couldn’t post there you are correct.

Jim

REALLY ??You are saying you give away unlimited warranties and Recalcheks to all inspectors ? No money, no client infor for alarm leads ? all your products are now 100% Free to all ?

Jim

You may call it what you will. I don’t want to argue semantics with you, the big difference between what Joe Farsetta is creating and your me-too trash is that people are clamoring to have their names on a public list while you shield those who have signed your pledge from public view, but let me share two facts and lay out the way I truly see it.

Fact #1: Home Inspectors do not advertise the sale of their clients data. Doing so would jeopardize their primary business and create public mistrust.

Fact #2: Some Home Inspectors are compensated by 3rd party vendors for sharing their clients personal information in strict confidence.

The dichotomy between these two facts simultaneously working within our profession, has created a 3rd harmonic wave which is distorting the Code of Ethics of our profession to the extent that it may severely damage the public trust we have previously sworn to uphold.

Hence the reason for The Client Fidelity Pledge.

What The Client Fidelity Pledge does is separate those inspectors who would under no circumstances allow themselves to be compensated for sharing their clients personal information, with home inspectors who use loop-holes to get around ethical standards that allow themselves to profit from sharing client data with 3rd party vendors.

The process is a bit complicated, but understand our profession is going through a transition and it all boils down to money & ethics. Soon The Client Fidelity Pledge will enable our profession the opportunity to take the pulse of our clients by seeing what it is they value more. Their privacy… Or the chance to purchase more stuff from directed-advertising instituted by their profit-minded home inspector. It shouldn’t take too long to see where the public will be going with this.

To be perfectly clear and to avoid confusion from any misleading and misrepresentations made to the contrary … any inspector who is providing Thornberry with his clients contact information in exchange for discounts, products, services or cash … could, and probably would, be committing an act of fraud if he signed and promoted the Client Fidelity Pledge.

In spite of any assurances that are provided by anyone who did not write it and has nothing to do with it … inspectors need to be FULLY aware that the Client Fidelity Pledge is a written promise to his client that he is NOT getting ANYTHING AT ALL from Thornberry (or others) in return for his private information. To make this written promise and accompanying acknowledgements if you are providing Thornberry with your clients contact information in exchange for free or discounted products or services would be false advertising and could get you in trouble. Do NOT take the Client Fidelity Pledge if you are contracted or otherwise engaging in this type of activity with Thornberry or any other alarm systems salesman.

If you have any specific question in this regard, feel free to email me or Joe Farsetta.

To be perfectly clear and to avoid confusion from any misleading and misrepresentations made to the contrary … any inspector who is providing Thornberry with his clients contact information in exchange for discounts, products, services or cash … could, and probably would, be committing an act of fraud if he signed and promoted the Client Fidelity Pledge.

In spite of any assurances that are provided by anyone who did not write it and has nothing to do with it … inspectors need to be FULLY aware that the Client Fidelity Pledge is a written promise to his client that he is NOT getting ANYTHING AT ALL from Thornberry (or others) in return for his private information. To make this written promise and accompanying acknowledgements if you are providing Thornberry with your clients contact information in exchange for free or discounted products or services would be false advertising and could get you in trouble. Do NOT take the Client Fidelity Pledge if you are contracted or otherwise engaging in this type of activity with Thornberry or any other alarm systems salesman.

If you have any specific question in this regard, feel free to email me or Joe Farsetta.

Hahahaha awesome! Another thread completely ambushed by this stupid pledge. Let me share a secret with you…you won’t earn one extra dollar in sales because you took the pledge. Not one. If the pledge is what makes your company better and different than all the rest you are screwed!
The original post has a lot of value, let us have an inspector area only please. Nick, you know if you made an inspectors area that’s where all the discussion would take place. I would like to see our own board or a limit to the number of responses by vendors.

Here is a true secret, no extra charge… Anyone who operates a business over many years understands that the ethics between the home inspector and home buyer is never measured in money. let me share two facts and lay out the way I truly see it.

Fact #1: Home Inspectors do not advertise the sale of their clients data. Doing so would jeopardize their primary business and create public mistrust.

Fact #2: Some Home Inspectors are compensated by 3rd party vendors for sharing their clients personal information in strict confidence.

The dichotomy between these two facts simultaneously working within our profession, has created a 3rd harmonic wave which is distorting the Code of Ethics of our profession to the extent that it may severely damage the public trust we have previously sworn to uphold.

Hence the reason for The Client Fidelity Pledge.

What The Client Fidelity Pledge does is separate those inspectors who would under no circumstances allow themselves to be compensated for sharing their clients personal information, with home inspectors who use loop-holes to get around ethical standards that allow themselves to profit from sharing client data with 3rd party vendors.

The process is a bit complicated, but understand our profession is going through a transition and it all boils down to money & ethics. Soon The Client Fidelity Pledge will enable our profession the opportunity to take the pulse of our clients by seeing what it is they value more. Their privacy… Or the chance to purchase more stuff from directed-advertising instituted by their profit-minded home inspector. It shouldn’t take too long to see where the public will be going with this.

I happen to agree with Mr Kielson, for what it’s worth. I’m not on the “Hate Nate” boat. I don’t use his products, nor do I look down on anyone who does. Nathan has actually helped me out a couple different times and asked nothing in return, not did he try to push his products down my throat. I’m actually still kicking all these ideas around. Just haven’t made any decisions yet.

The issue is, that we need a place where INSPECTORS can discuss issues with INSPECTORS, and only the inspection issues are discussed. Not hatred for particular vendors, or vendors pushing products, or pledges, or anything not solely related to an INSPECTION problem or question.

I think it would be a great idea…IMHO