Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

Old 1/23/19, 8:12 PM
Community Guest

Please Note: avidal2 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Reference Materials

Hey all, I'm about ready to take the national exam and hopefully get my home inspection business up and running in Washington State. I'd like to start acquiring reference materials to carry in my work vehicle that I can also use in preparing for the exam over the next month.
Any recommendations? Are there any books, manuals, apps or tables that are "must haves" in the field when you're first starting out?

Thanks! Andrew

I've got a long construction and building background as well as 10 years experience owning my own weatherization and HVAC company.
Need a home inspection in North Carolina? Check out InterNACHI's listing of North Carolina certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/23/19, 8:24 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Default Re: Reference Materials

Here's a start: Code Check Complete 3rd Edition: An Illustrated Guide to the Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical Codes: Redwood Kardon, Douglas Hansen, Skip Walker, Paddy Morrissey: 9781631869457: Amazon.com: Books

Reference Materials-code-check-complete-3rd-edition-jpg

Awards Committee Officer
SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE:
http://co.nachi.org/inachiawards/

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of the issuance of any award the committee offers and any rules interpretation updates.

Larry Kage, CMI Lifetime Member
State Licensed Builder since 1973
InterNACHI Lifetime Member
~retired~

The above post represents my personal opinion.
Old 1/23/19, 8:49 PM
Community Guest

Please Note: avidal2 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Reference Materials

Larry, that looks like a good one! Thanks