Request guidance

Good Day All.
New to the home inspection business so I’m looking for some guidance or information.

1. What should I consider the basic home inspection package ?
  2. Is there a basic mold inspection I should include? (I’m working on my mold certification)

Hope this makes sense and any information or guidance will be appreciated.

Where are you located?

In the earlier days before vendors and lead brokers began creating the illusion for need of their gimmicks and services, a home inspector provided one essential service - a complete, accurate, and unbiased written description of a structure and its systems as observed on the day of his inspection.

Now that I am an end user of home inspection reports as I assist policyholders in proving their insurance claims, I am finding them to be less descriptive and more ambiguous. Almost every description is tentative and dependent upon a third party’s re-evaluation. In other words, as a tool for proving the condition of the structure at the time it was purchased, many of these reports are absolutely worthless.

Thus, I would recommend that a new home inspector develop the one and only skill and product that produces results for his client before considering anything else — a complete, accurate, unbiased written description of a structure and its systems as observed on the day of his inspection. Your client will appreciate and benefit by it for years. Everything else is fluff.

Good luck to you.

Altoona Pennsylvania