Rookie Year Officially Over

I became legal to perform HI’s in AZ on June 23, 2015. I was working a full time day job from 7-4 M-F. My only chance to do HI’s was in the evening and on weekends. I didn’t get my first HI until the beginning of August. By the time November rolled around I could no longer do evening HI’s. So now I was only available on the weekends. From 6/23 to 12/31 I did a whopping 20 HI’s. Jan '16 I did a whole 8 HI’s. By the middle of February I pushed it and offered evening appointments again, starting at 4:30. Feb '16 I did 13 HI’s. Mar '16 I did 14 HI’s. Apr '16 I did 17 HI’s. By this time I could see the potential growth of my business and during the month of May I gave my notice to my day gig. June 3rd was my last day working for someone else. I knew if I wanted to grow this business I couldn’t do it part time. I felt the momentum building and didn’t want to miss my wave. May '16 I did 26 HI’s. By the end of the day (06/23/16) I will have completed 34 this month to bring my total for this year to 112. Which makes my Rookie year total, 132. I’m happy with the progress.

Congrats.

I will never be someone else’s employee

Congratulations.

That’s Great Randy, WTG!!

Thats awesome!!!

Congrats Randy! I started in mid July as a fully licensed Inspector of structures here in Nevada and only have completed 72 to date. Momentum is picking up here and I am starting to see the light at the end of tunnel. I am in this for the long run because I never want to work for someone else again. We are the makers of our own destiny. Congrats again!

Way to go Randy. Thanks for the update on things. Happy to see your success

Congratulations Randy, that is an amazing accomplishment! Keep up the good work!

Congrats Randy. It sure makes a difference when you take that step out of your comfort zone and throw away the security blanket, doesn’t it? Cheers to the future!

Congrats Randy… You’ll always remember the day you ‘took the leap’… It’s an anniversary date. Every year, celebrate on June 3rd. Lol… Coincidentally, that’s my wedding anniversary…

In a town like Kingman AND with limited marketing time what do you feel has been your top 2-3 marketing gambits.

That’s great! I too have a m-f 7-4 job. I’m in starting the last month of my first year in business as a 1 man shop. I will hit 150 my first year so I’m assuming this too is great for a first year business owner with a full time job. I’m trying to find a way to convince my wife to let me go all in on inspections- ideas?

Uhm, tell her you might actually have a family life again and be able to help out around the house once in a while if you quit your 7-4

Congratulations, those sound like good numbers! I just went operational yesterday.

That’s great Randy! Keep going, now that the first and most difficult milestone is behind you. Coming up on mine in 7 days, not quite as spectacular as your first year but better than anticipated so I figure I am doing alright. Nice to not be a newbee anymore isn’t it.

Yeah Randy, you certainly had a spectacular year… :wink:

Thank you, guys! My first full month in business for myself, I did 50 Home Inspections, numerous Termite Inspections, several Draw Inspections and 1 Commercial Inspection. July’s looking even stronger. My only regret, I didn’t do this 20 years ago…