sop difference

Why is the nachi sop the only one that does not have a clause like this?

These Standards of Practice are not intended to limit inspectors from including other inspection services or systems and components in addition to those required.

Does it need too? If it did would it become expected? Where does it stop?
I hate when some one answers a ? with a ? :smiley:

Well, it does (kinda), just not in those words…

Who knows. There is a lot of things in our SOP I scratch my head about.#-o Such as, the inspector does not inspect pets.:?:
Sad but true.

Components may include any combination of mechanical, structural, electrical, plumbing, or other essential systems or portions of the home, as identified and agreed to by the Client and Inspector, prior to the inspection process.

That is what your Inspection agreement is for.

SoP’s are like codes / The MINIMUM.

I quit asking permission to take a pee when I was about 12 years old.

Why would you need someone OUTSIDE your own business to give you permission to do something thats not covered in our SoP? If I want to do it I do / If I don’t want to do it, I don’t.

I was not referring to the possibility of limiting or adding to the inspection by written agreement but rather just a regular inspection with no changes.

More specifically, when you see a problem that is outside the scope and you report it anyway. For those that do not have an unlimited state sop, you should think about this.

SOP is not a contract and the provision is there for you to be flexible through your contract.
Lets take a look at the NACHI contract.

I pretty much do not sweat this stuff.
I simply do my best for my client.
All this language is for A-Hole Lawyer types and all I care about is making my client happy.
Happy client is your best protection and that is most certainly my focus…

I use NACHI SOP make certain my client is satisfied but locally, I also inspect according to norms enumerated by the OACIQ, Quebec Canada Real Estate org’s SOP.
Local authority is code and laws must be respected.

Salut, Marc-Andre Beauchemin