telescoping and tri-fold ladders

Has anyone used either the telescoping or tri-fold ladders and what has been your experience? I’m just starting out and will have to use my car - need something compact.

Rarely use my Little Giant 26’. I almost exclusively use my Telesteps 1800W. 14.5 feet with the wide steps, 300 lb. version. Love it. Fits in the trunk of my Caddy.

Please go to your profile and add in your location. This way you can get information that is specific to your area if needed.

Mine takes up most of the interior space in my** Yugo**!!!:roll:

I have to lean out the window when I drive…:frowning:

Thanks for the info, I’ve been considering the Telestep but wasn’t sure.

Sean - Jackson, MS

I’ve been using an Xtend & Climb for about 5 years now, and it works just fine, especially in those hard to get into places, like a closet attic/ceiling opening.
I have the original model 770.
Check out their newer 780P…

I clean mine periodically with a microfiber cloth, with a little silicone spray, then a dry wipe down on each shaft, and its good to go, and it easily extends and retracts.

Aside from my Little Giant 22’ fiberglass, its probably one of the most useful inspection tools I have.

Glad you guys are still with us.

Mine did the same thing, luckily I wasn’t injured like Bryce…I wouldn’t ever step foot on another one…Werner Ladders and Gorilla 24’

When it comes to risking your life, make the odds with you the best possible.

Here’s why I like the Telesteps so much.

Telesteps Ad

You just have to watch out for slippery floors???

Now if you want a Little Giant Ladder be sure you go with the real deal, and stay away from “Look-a-likes” here’s why…

Not a LGL

But you do have to lock it.

I have had a Cosco LG knock-off for over 5 years. No problems whatsoever.

At $100 on sale for the 17 ft. you can’t beat it.

Yep and it has never been used .
I hope Michael soon gets an inspection so he can try out his new ladder .

Hey old fart. You know nothing as usual.

Now who is attacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooke http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
*Michael is a WIMP *
I think you realy do not have any Balls You make a statement then do not back it up .

LIAR

I don’t lie but you do.
[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

Who ever is supposed to be be Roy’s minder please pay attention.

He is out of control again. :frowning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooke http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
*Michael is a WIMP *
I think you realy do not have any Balls You make a statement then do not back it up .

LIAR

I don’t lie but you do.
[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

Take your blood pressure meds too.

Quote:
*Michael is a WIMP *

LIAR

I don’t lie but you do.
[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

I have a Little Giant M22 ladder. I rarely use it. Its very well made and flexible but its Heavy and cumbersom to use. If you have it extended and need to increase or decrease the length by one rung you have to bring it all the way down undo the latches and then rasie it back up. You can do this with it in the extended position but you run the risk of chopping your hand off. This is a good idea that works very well with the small sized ladder they demonstrate but when you scale it up its not so easy to use. Since I paid so much for the darn thing I used it regularly for a year but not I only use it for those situations that need the flexiblity of the variable leg height in the A frame configuration, like stair wells. And forget the work platform. thats a trip up to install it and a trip to take it down. The only time I used it it almost hit me in the head when it fell off the ladder. Give me a good extension ladder with a rope pull or a set of good binoculars is even better.