Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

Old 4/28/13, 11:57 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Thank you Russell Hensel

one post at a time.

Russell is still a jerk.

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

You own your private information. I won't sell or give away yours, others do

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Need a home inspection in Iowa? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Iowa certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 4/29/13, 10:12 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlarson View Post
one post at a time.

Russell is still a jerk.
He sure has Preston snowed.

Let us never forget... Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote.

Certified Master Inspector - 2010
Florida Licensed Home Inspector - HI176
Florida Licensed Mold Assessor - MRSA208

Square-One Inspection "Assurance begins here"
Old 4/30/13, 12:57 AM

You can post what you want about Russell. The fact remains that he always tries to lend a helping hand and to better the profesion. Did any of you step up to the plate on the legislative affairs by driiving up to Tallahassee whenever a meeting was taking place. There are many thing that he and I disagree with, but the fact remains Russell is a kind and generous person who id doing whater he can to help his fell9w inspectors and to improve the profession. Why is it always the ones who do the least critisize the most. Folks if you think you are better than Russell, then step up to the plate, give of your time, effort, finances and build a bigger and better business model.

Ensuring Your Peace of Mind
Serving all of Central Florida's Home and Insurance Inspection Needs.
http://tophomeinspection.com

Aubrey Kahn
Florida License # 135
Chairman of InterNACHI Nickels
Board Member of Florida Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter
Local Expert on "The Home Improvement Show" on WFLA Orlando, 104.5fm Saturdays 9-11am
Old 4/30/13, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akahn View Post
You can post what you want about Russell. The fact remains that he always tries to lend a helping hand and to better the profesion. Did any of you step up to the plate on the legislative affairs by driiving up to Tallahassee whenever a meeting was taking place. There are many thing that he and I disagree with, but the fact remains Russell is a kind and generous person who id doing whater he can to help his fell9w inspectors and to improve the profession. Why is it always the ones who do the least critisize the most. Folks if you think you are better than Russell, then step up to the plate, give of your time, effort, finances and build a bigger and better business model.
Well Said

Wayne Wilson CMI
East TN Home Inspections LLC
Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Clinton, Farragut, Lenoir City, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and all the surrounding areas.
865-256-1490
https://www.myhomeinspection.net/

Old 4/30/13, 9:27 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by akahn View Post
agreed. Russell and I have agreed sometimes and disagreed sometimes on many items, but he IS passionate and for the right reasons.

Mike Auger, CMI
RI Reg. # 32856
RI Radon Lic. # RMC-142 RMB-096
(401) 578-4878
A U.S.A.F. Veteran Owned Company
Old 4/30/13, 10:35 PM

Russel ...... nice offer, but I don't understand something about what Preston said. He said he does 20 inspections a week and has multiple inspectors.

Many of our 1 man companies do 10-14 jobs a week by themself. So my question is ..... With 20 inspections and multiple inspectors JUST because 1 van was down, WHY didn't the other guys drive their cars / vans and do the jobs without having to borrow someone else's vehicle?????
Old 5/1/13, 12:21 AM

I do believe that Preston is now modeling his inspections the way Russell does, using team effort. In which case he would need a van to transport everyone plus tools.

Ensuring Your Peace of Mind
Serving all of Central Florida's Home and Insurance Inspection Needs.
http://tophomeinspection.com

Aubrey Kahn
Florida License # 135
Chairman of InterNACHI Nickels
Board Member of Florida Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter
Local Expert on "The Home Improvement Show" on WFLA Orlando, 104.5fm Saturdays 9-11am
Old 5/1/13, 6:19 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowers View Post
Russel ...... nice offer, but I don't understand something about what Preston said. He said he does 20 inspections a week and has multiple inspectors.

Many of our 1 man companies do 10-14 jobs a week by themself. So my question is ..... With 20 inspections and multiple inspectors JUST because 1 van was down, WHY didn't the other guys drive their cars / vans and do the jobs without having to borrow someone else's vehicle?????
Not to speak for Preston, but many of the jobs are larger houses. His service area includes affluent houses that are typically larger. Aubry is correct, he has several people on the same job and they work as a team.

So now they can show up on the job in a professional looking vehicle that carries their equipment such as the ladders. This vehicle is a mobile office with a generator and they don't leave site until the report is totally finished.

The number of jobs is not the issue it's the size of the jobs.

I only have 3 inspections today with 4 inspectors...7800 sf, 4900 sf, and a 3800 sf house. So don't just look at the "number" there is much more to it than that.

Comprehensive Building Consultants
Naples Home Inspection, Naples Mold Inspection, Naples Radon Inspection, Bonita Springs Home Inspection, Bonita Springs Mold Inspection, Bonita Springs Radon Inspection.

Old 5/1/13, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowers View Post

As the others stated we inspect as a team and perform 3-4 inspections a day. Our inspections require ladders and many other tools that can not be transported in a car. I could just picture trying to strap the 32' ladder on the ford focus. We also do not allow employees to drive personal cars to job sites. We do have other trucks as well but none that are a mobile office (except the one being repaired) which is a requirement for us and our clients.

I would also assume our markets are completely different. I could not inspect 14 homes by myself and provide anywhere near the service we provide. If I could though I would be rolling in the dough.

Preston L. Halstead
VP FL Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter
Elite Property Inspection & Management
LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR CGC1515203
LICENSED BUILDING INSPECTOR BN6262
LICENSED HOME INSPECTOR HI549
561-420-0277

HOME INSPECTION ~ WIND MITIGATION INSPECTION
Serving Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lantana, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, West Palm Beach.
Old 5/1/13, 7:53 AM

I would disagree with the premise, that the sq footage of the home makes a large difference when it come to the team approach. We use a team of three at every inspection and our average house is 2000 sq ft. To do the same job by myself would take longer and limit me to two a day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flor...ceinspections/

Visit the InterNACHI Awards page

John Shishilla
State of Fl Home Inspector #21
Certified Residential Contractor CRC1330745
Mold Assessor MRSA 1544

Serving all of Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, Vero, Vero Beach and surrounding areas.

Honor Construction Inspection Service
www.honorconstruction.com

321-327-2950

Old 5/1/13, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthornberry View Post
Just some food for thought to get this thread going full speed ahead...

Has anyone else noticed that those who find Russell completely objectionable do few inspections? I'd be following the guy who makes money while on the golf course any day of the week...

I have they are the "I only do one a day" guys. Most of them are older and grumpy. They usually have a many more posts than the average member, indicating they spend lots of time monitoring the board. FYI being grumpy can be an early stage of alzheimer's.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flor...ceinspections/

Visit the InterNACHI Awards page

John Shishilla
State of Fl Home Inspector #21
Certified Residential Contractor CRC1330745
Mold Assessor MRSA 1544

Serving all of Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, Vero, Vero Beach and surrounding areas.

Honor Construction Inspection Service
www.honorconstruction.com

321-327-2950

Old 5/1/13, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshishilla View Post
I have they are the "I only do one a day" guys. Most of them are older and grumpy. They usually have a many more posts than the average member, indicating they spend lots of time monitoring the board. FYI being grumpy can be an early stage of alzheimer's.
And making uninformed pronouncements of ones mental state is a sure sign of stupidity.

Not everyone is a hungry home inspector.

www.InspectraPro.com

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Call me

Old 5/1/13, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshishilla View Post
Saved...

Let us never forget... Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote.

Certified Master Inspector - 2010
Florida Licensed Home Inspector - HI176
Florida Licensed Mold Assessor - MRSA208

Square-One Inspection "Assurance begins here"
Need a home inspection in Iowa? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Iowa certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 5/1/13, 3:32 PM

Let me see. I think I'm an old guy that often does only 1 p/day.

This past week I had one 11,700sf house; one 6,800sf house; one 7,600sf house; and two 100+ year old houses with about 4,500-5,400sf each.

Team approach / Me & asst.

Mobile van with all tools (IR, drills, 3-4 moisture meters, Tramex Wet Wall, bore-scope, freon gauges, Combustion Analyser, electrical meter, Technida Zip Level, P3 Laser Level, XRF, 3-4 Sun Nuclear radon monitors, etc, etc .. Mobile Van is Chevy Astro with 3 ladders (24' ext; 17' LG; and 13' inside Tele-Steps).

Spend a good amount of time each week on inspector boards trying to help bail out 3-4 inspection a day guys that missed crap AND getting hammered.

To each his own.

GOF
Old 5/1/13, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Spend a good amount of time each week on inspector boards trying to help bail out 3-4 inspection a day guys that missed crap AND getting hammered.
I wonder what this MB would like if if it was all newbies all the time?

Oh and let's not forget our vendors cough cough "contributions".

www.InspectraPro.com

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Call me