Thermal Imager

I am building a new inspection bag and with it will be buying a new IR camera. Ive have done well with the Flir C2 but think I may want to upgrade. What are some suggestions?
Looking at Fluke too and their VT04 model or TiS10 (or S20) anybody have any comments on these or any other? The flir equivalent?

TIA

Flir E4 or E8… I have the E8 .

Vto4 is NOT a Thermal Camera! It is a Visual Thermometer!

I thought you said upgrade? All you are doing is moving to the next level of CHEAP!

If you’re going to upgrade, UPGRADE!

Q: Did you answer all the questions in the “Question of the week” yet???

Questions of the Week 05/13/2018

and that is why I posted the question. I would have made a mistake. I’ve been fine with the bottom of the barrel C2, its at least alerted me as to what to look at closer with more sensitive equipment or the naked eye.

Since it sounds like you have experience, what would you recommend?

No I have not looked into any Q and A

Did I just post a thread that was just recently posted?

I use this one
Fluke Ti 32 Industrial Thermal Imager – Fluke UK

What are you going to use the new purchase for will help you decide.

There are many choices for many different uses.

HTH :slight_smile:

I think it was member Bill Warner that authored a great article that would help you. I’ll see if I can find it, and if I can, I’ll post it here for you.

Here you go. Hopefully this helps… C2 Comparison and review… Dave Andersen, This is for you! :slight_smile:

Awesome Jeffery! Thanks

Larry, this is just for general home inspections. To locate potentials in what to look closer into.
Of course in FL, moisture is front and center and while I’ll never rely on any TIC to do the job for me, I’ve been using a cheap C2 as a beacon on what to break out the more sensitive equipment out for. I also use it for electric, HVAC, heat loss, insulation.

After looking around a lot and getting some very good advice from Charely Bottger, I was lucky enough to snag a barely used Flir E8 for $2100. Normally they retail for $3000.

The sub-$1000 options are tempting, but I could see that if I tried to use them in a professional setting would they would fall short in a number of ways. The consensus of opinion among practicing pro’s reinforces that notion.

You could get a Flir E6 for about $2000 new, retail, but the resolution is not that great. Charley told me that it I would risk not capturing moisture signatures at that resolution.

From what I could see, the Flir E8 looked like the least expensive entry-level device that I wouldn’t outgrow within the first year or so of ownership, but that’s just my untested opinion.

Have 2 Flir E8’s and a Fluke Ti32

Getting ready to sell one of the E8’s.

Let an inspector go and have no use for 3 IR’s

sent you a PM - let me know if your interested in selling one of them and when.

Thanks!

Got no PM … try email

theholmescompany@hotmail.com

Flir E6 is a good option with a lot more resolution