Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >


General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

Thread Tools
Old 6/14/18, 8:39 AM
Charles Kaplan Charles Kaplan is offline
InterNACHI Applicant
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 53
Default What is this?

I was at my son's house (recently purchased) helping him with some plumbing and carpentry projects. I spotted this device attached to one of the pipes. Can anyone tell me what it is and what is it's purpose?


Attached Thumbnails
What is this?-20180608_150403-2-jpg  
Reply With Quote
Old 6/15/18, 7:17 PM
Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792's Avatar
Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792 Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792 is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: What is this?

Not sure about the device but that galvanized strap wrapped around copper is a problem. That copper will continue to corrode until it leaks.

Mike Bitterman CMI
SNS Home Inspections LLC
Serving all of Central Florida
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 2:04 AM.
no new posts