When are you not a newbie?

With all of the post on getting kicked out of NACHI it got me thinking about something else. Most of the NACHI members have been in the HI business for under 3 years, If NACHI caps its number of HI’s they will all be new HI’s all of the members that I know from 4 and 5 years ago have physically left ( even though they are still listed as members) I myself have not been active here for 1 and 1/2 years.
Now at what point are you a seasoned HI ? I have met the requirements to be a full member of ASHI and I am in 4 years of business I do an average of 80 CE’s a year ( in the classroom I don’t waist time with virtual internet courses) I don’t think of myself as a master HI like members that I know in ASHI that have been HI’s for 15 to 20 years. So where is it that you become more than a NEWBIE ? .:neutral: :neutral:

With professions like HI or electrician or plumber, etc. I don’t think you should ever consider yourself anything other then “still learning”. Once you think you know it all, it’s all downhill from there.

When you’re green, you’re growing. Once you become ripe, you begin to rot.

After the first lawyers letter! Seriously though - always and still learning.

Maybe we can start a little Jeff Foxworthy humor, here…

“You know you’re a newbie when…”

…you still have the original batteries in your flashlight.

…(next?)

Bushy… Can I play? I got one…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You know when an inspector is a newbie when his only qualifications posted on his website are non verified qualifications purchased for 289.00:D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Good one. How about this…

You know you are a newbie when…even with six years in the business and a big, fat ASHI logo on your website, the most anyone is willing to pay you for an inspection of a 2000 sq ft home is $275.00.:wink:

Please be carefull the truth upsets some people .
They then have been noted to go into a post after post after post ECT to try and convince all how great they are .
Roy Cooke

$ 50-100.00 more than a large percentage of posted prices of inspectors with Nickeys Gold Seal of approval;) :wink: :wink:

What a wonderful day :slight_smile: I got in to the office and found I wasn’t Spamed to death in my Email. Dan it feels good on this side of the NACHI board. I don’t feel dirty anymore. I figured it out being a member of NACHI made feel like a used car salesman. I talked with several search engines today and for the money I paid NACHI I could pay them and get a high position on the search ( if I wanted to :roll: ) I still get most of my business from referrals from people who like my work and realty professionals. The longer I have been in business the less I get from the internet. Hey I have 3 bookings this week I got 2 of them just this morning (I guess it paid to leave NACHI)
Now Dan it is Time for all of us that have left NACHI to stop posting here and Move on. Now everyone walk to the light you will feel clean and happy.:smiley: :smiley:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Now there is the first good idea to come out of Arizona in a week.:wink:

Sorry James, I have been sick.:wink:
</IMG></IMG>

That explains it.:wink:

You get out the owner’s manual every time you need to set up your Little Giant ladder. :smiley:

You still pinch the crap outta yourself folding up your ladder.