ALL GAVE SOME.... SOME GAVE ALL... Memorial Day

MEMORIAL DAY

[size=4]ALL GAVE SOME…. SOME GAVE ALL.[/size]

My personal prayer……
God, I ask that you bless all of our American Service Men and Women. Especially those serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and those serving in countries where people would seek to harm them.
I ask that you to give them courage, faith, clarity of vision, clarity of mind, and quick physical reactions.
God I ask that you protect them, and bring them home safe and sound.
Amen

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Dear Madam,[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua]I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua]I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua]I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Yours, very sincerely and respectfully, [/FONT]
…A. Lincoln

Hi Frank.

I’d like to personally thank you and all others who have Served to protect our Freedom.

Good Post…!

I did this in remembrance of my many friends who are on “The Wall”. I can still see their faces just as clearly as if it were yesterday.

Lately I have had the Honor and Privilege to speak with two fine young men who are recovering from their injuries after having served a tour each in Iraq and in Afghanistan.
Although wounded at different times, both were wounded in Afghanistan. I could not be prouder of them than if they were my own sons.

My heart goes out to our brave American men and women who are on patrol, and to those who tonight will be sleeping “outside” in the dirt.

Memorial Day is for those who paid the Ultimate Price and for those who are today serving and paying that price in their blood, tears, and sweat.

May God Bless them all!

Warmest Regards, Your friend… Frank

Lt. Lawrence Michael Sullivan.

“A veteran - whether Active Duty, Retired, National Gaurd or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life”. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.” - Unknown

Bless those the gave their lives for their Country.

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.” - John Stuart Mill**

There are many worthy quotes which express the courage of those who have and are serving however as to why they are willing to die…some say freedom, others say principles yet in truth there is only one reason…the love they have for their fellow soldiers, it is this bond which makes one set aside their fears and do unfathomable acts of courage.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Recently the BB was shut down to honor a fellow member for recognition as to his contributions in the Home Inspection Industry… how much more for those who truly gave all…it is because of them we have the freedoms we often take for granted…just a thought.

Jeff

Clifford Jones Jr. was one of my closest friends in Special Forces. I still miss him to this day.
http://vietnamveteransmemoral.homestead.com/Jones.html

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."

Major Michael O’Donnell, Author
Killed in action, March 24, 1970 Dak To, Republic of South Vietnam

The story of America’s quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots. **-Randy Vader ****

Semper Fi

Semper fi!

Frank,
thank you, the many other members of this association, and all Americans who have had the courage, desire, and felt the responsibility to serve this country. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who have served or are serving this great country.