allow me to better introduce myself....

While looking at the responses to my latest request for help, it occurred to me that some may question an InterNACHI Student Member inspecting 6000+ sq. ft. homes:shock: maybe not… anyway…

I purchased an existing home inspection business (HomeTrust Inspections, Inc.) for 50k in January 2012. The owner at the time was a very popular and very good home inspector. He took the money and headed to Florida to invest in real estate:) Wanted to buy a couple of 25k fixer uppers and be a landlord he said.

He stayed with me for two months (60 or so inspections) and he did an excellent job of showing me the ropes. Very patient, very nice man. Very good at what he did. I have also had formal classroom training (local school). I have also had formal hands on training (same local school). Name of school will not be mentioned by me on this message board:D

I am working toward and will soon achieve full membership. I am happy to be here. The amount of information and the opportunity for education here is astonishing. Just thought a little history/background was in order…thanks for listening…

by the way…I know the website is antique and hideous. Its over 10 years old. I signed up with Godaddy last week and it will soon look much better. stay tuned…

Sounds like you’ve set yourself up for continued success!
Congrats and welcome.

Tom

hey Robert, welcome to insanity. I see you are in Northern, VA. and Tom in Balt, Funny thread, I am right in the middle. Infact I am doing an inspection in Fairfax saturday.

Jim

thank you, I appreciate the the warm welcome. yeah James, I know, I’ve been lurking around doing a lot of reading for the past few weeks. I’ve been watching the local boy posts with the appropriate curiosity:) love northern va…born and raised in manassas. proud of it… not many locals like me left here…