Ann Coulter

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32240

Ah, Jimmy Carter.

Those were the days. :sarcasm:

No, they weren’t. They were quite fearful, but no so much as today–nor as much as JFK’s days.

Carter’s days were about like GWB’s second term.

A commenter on Gateway Pundit made a very insightful observation:There are two kinds of people in the electorate:

1. People who remember how horrible the Jimmy Carter years were.

2. People who are about to find out.That would be Jimmy Carter, the worst president the U.S. has ever had. Will Barack Obama be as bad? The evidence isn’t in yet, but it doesn’t look good.

P.S. Please note the little sarcasm smiley in my post

My dear Anne who, like me, flatly stated at the beginning of the last political season for the presidential election “If McCain gets the nomination, I’m voting (she said “for Hillary”, and I said…)Democrat.”

Is she back in the good graces of her conservative Republican friends, now? I’ve lost track of her. (I used to lust after her before Palin walked off the cover of Vogue).

I guess she must be–her collumn appears alongside many of the others.

Y’know Mr Bushy, in all these years I have never really been able to determine which side of the fence you straddle.

Anne was trying to alert the party that McCain was a very poor choice.

Looks like she was right.

That and she also like to sell her books. :wink:

No, I haven’t read any of hers.

Slowly but surely, the Republican Party left me. Had Hillary won the nomination, I would have stayed home and allowed fate to decide who the next president would be, but that didn’t happen.

I supported the current president throughout the election…knowing that he was the only candidate able to face and deal with the challenges that waited for him. He has proven himself worthy of my vote.

Most of the world ignores the shrill and desperate tone crackling through the airwaves of Fox news and talk radio…and, as is so frustratingly evident to those who want to “warn us” of the consequences of our choice, we are simply not interested in hearing what the outer fringes have to say.

We know that…no matter what it is…it will be stereotypically hate filled speech using embellished rumors as fact to attempt to malign the target of their hate.

So we ignore them and allow them to rant among themselves…while they are disbelieving the fact that no one else can see what they see.

In President Obama’s second term, they will still be there…proclaiming that the fate of the world lies upon the election of the GOP candidate who…at this point in time…no one has ever heard of.

That’s the part of the fence I straddle, sir.

And straddling a fence can be very hurtful in obvious places.:D:D:D

Uh…sir!

The Republican party left both of us James.

But some of us still have the principles that we used to associate with that party.

Some so desperate to be on the winning side abandoned being on the right side and have brought us to this current situation.

Obama may well get a second term and if becomes similar to what happened to Clinton in 1994 we will have at least a chance of turn this bus around.

If not. We are in for a very rough time.

James, you sure must be one lonely fella to lust after her… even Bill Clinton didnt do that…:mrgreen:… although talking to some SS agents it was understood that Janet Reno and Hillary were an item :shock:…which again explains why Bill chased other women…:wink:

Hyper-inflation in 18 months. Obama is toast. It is just too bad that he toasted the country first.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

:p;-)

We’ll all come North, George… :slight_smile:

Jeff you talk to ss agents?
Wow

Ann would be such a pretty lady if only she could keep her mouth shut. Everytime she opens it green matter hurls & her head seems to spin.

here is one of her more colorful quotes from one of her famous books.

Coulter’s comment that has perhaps drawn the most attention is an attack on the widows of 9-11 victims, appearing on Page 103 of Godless: The Church of Liberalism (Crown Forum), and read by Lauer: "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much."

and another-

If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and ‘We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care—and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?’

And if I were a Conservative running for office I would not want her on my side.

2008 presidential campaign

In a June 2007 interview, Coulter named Duncan Hunter as her choice for the 2008 Republican Presidential nomination, saying “my favorite candidate is [Rep.] Duncan Hunter [R-CA], and he is magnificent. The problem is most people say, “Who’s Duncan Hunter?” He’s a genuine war hero. He has one son, I think, in Iraq, one in Afghanistan. He is good on every single issue. He has been out front on building a wall. He did build a wall at San Diego. He’s very good on — on the life issue. He’s good on everything.”[69]](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter#cite_note-68)
On January 16, just three days before Hunter dropped out of the race, Coulter began endorsing Governor Mitt Romney as her choice for the 2008 Republican nomination, saying he is “manifestly the best candidate” (contrasting Romney only with Republican candidates McCain, Huckabee, and Giuliani).[70]](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter#cite_note-69) Romney suspended his campaign 22 days later on February 7, 2008.
By contrast, Coulter was critical of eventual Republican nominee John McCain. On the January 31, 2008 broadcast of Hannity and Colmes, Coulter claimed that, if McCain won the Republican nomination for president, she would support and campaign for Hillary Clinton, stating, “[Clinton] is more conservative than McCain.”[71]](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter#cite_note-Foxnews-70) Clinton withdrew from the race in early June.
In an April 2, 2008 column, she characterized Barack Obama’s book Dreams From My Father as a “Dimestore Mein Kampf.” Coulter writes, “He says the reason black people keep to themselves is that it’s ‘easier than spending all your time mad or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you.’ Here’s a little inside scoop about white people: We’re not thinking about you. Especially WASPs. We think everybody is inferior, and we are perfectly charming about it.”[72]](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter#cite_note-MeinKampfObama-71)

You’re right Kevin. Those remarks rate right up there with “for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country…”

Ann Coulter is absolutely brilliant and routinely crushes her opponents in debates.

That’s because she doesn’t back down and shows no mercy to the twits that dare to interview her and try to play “gottcha”.