Bad Experience with Harrison Engineering

If Tammy Rodriguez from Harrison Engineering ever calls and tells you that their expedited jobs are paid within 24 to 48 hours of receiving the report…Don’t believe a word she says… Here I sit 8 days later and not only no check but they are claiming she never said 24 to 48 hours either. I helped them out of a jamb and this is my reward. If they ever need my help again it will require credit card payment up front.

Harrison rocks & I’ve never had any issues with them at all. You usually don’t get paid right away from companies like these. You can’t wait for a check?

I’ve never had a problem either and Samantha rocks. I am sure that things will work out.

No problems here either. I certainly don’t wait for their check, I’m just happy it comes.

I do several a year and they are always good to deal with.
They are not a scam.

Do not be so impatient .

I agree with Bob. It’s only been 8 days, two of which were the weekend, so 6 business days.

Let us know when the check comes though.

Always good here as well. You have to treat these things like fillers. Do them and don’t worry about them. The money comes in fine. I always expect Net 30 with these companies anyway. Like all of us, everyone else has a process too. Just make yourself aware of it and decide if you want to do it.

I did go deaf for a month with blood and a perforated ear drum from one of the boarded up places but not their fault…lol

Yep, and it’s difficult to generate checks faster than that. You can watch the evolution of this thread Have you all been receiving your check$ from our Owens Corning project promptly? - Roofing Inspections - InterNACHI®️ Forum to see how hard we have to work to get members their checks promptly. It took time to get to that speed.

Seriously? Waiting for a check might be a PITA sometimes I guess, but by all rights I wouldn’t get too worked up over a bill until it is 30 days past due. About 50% of my inspections are paid by a relocation company. Generally it takes up to 7 days to see the money, I think it’s great. Basically everyday there is a new check in my bank account for $488.75 for an inspection that I did the previous week, and I know their money is good, so when it gets there it gets there… No loss for credit card processing, risk of bounced checks or having to chase money etc (not that that ever happens, but still there is absolutely 0 risk in getting paid from them. I guess maybe I just appreciate it more than some as I realize that with a normal job, you wait 2 weeks to get paid by the hour, and coming from being a builder, I would have to wait the 3-4 months that it took to build the house before I got the first check, which basically only covered the cost of building the home, then an additional 90 days to receive the builders lien holdback, which basically represented the profit, so 6-7 months to see pay from working by butt off building a house… I’ll take the 7 day wait every time!

That roof data warranty tech program looks like an awesome idea! How about getting some cool programs like that going in lonely ol’ Canada, eh?

They’ve been using me for 6 years.
Never had a problem.

Freudian slip? :shock:

I wasn’t going to take the job until she said she could get this expedited job payment sent out within 24 to 48 hours. I understand their normal procedure and wasn’t going to do it under those terms. Had she said 30 days on each and every job that would have been different. 11 days and counting. I’m ok on money but some beginner could find himself in a pinch like this.

For you guys that don’t mind waiting for 30+ plus days how many remember this company DDN (*Digital Draw Network) *that went out of business and left 100’s of inspectors hanging with past due payments that were never paid; me being one of them?

They apparently new they were going under months in advance but still kept contracting with inspectors who were unaware of their financial status.

Hope I never get low on money to the point where a few days makes of breaks me for the under $200 that most of these pay.

I’ve never had an issue with them. They pay on the 1st and the 15th of the month.

The expedited service usually means they generate the report within 48 hours, and they pay the inspector a little more, since they charge a little more.

It’s fill in work, so I wouldn’t fret over it too awful much.

Like I said. …I just expected her to honor her word. I’m funny that way.

I’ve been working with them for many, many years and like others, I’ve never had any bad experience with Harrison Engineering. I can’t say I’ve ever asked for, nor had I ever been offered “expedited” payment, but I don’t recall ever wondering when payment was going to arrive and payments have always been timely.

Perhaps there was a miscommunication somewhere down the line, but the blanket condemnation is unwarranted in my opinion.

Just sharing my experience. I’m tickled that I seem to be the only one who has had a less than stellar experience. Truly. …I’m glad yall haven had a problem. …me? I’m sitting here 7 days after they say they send the check and nada. I’m hoping that yall are right and I didn’t waste my time driveing 60 miles each way to help someone out who sounded like they needed the help.