Beta test our new newsletter!

Hey everyone,

We’re just about to release our brand new tool for home inspectors. It’s a home maintenance newsletter that you can send to your clients—that’s custom tailored to the client and their new home.

Here are some of the pieces of information we use to tailor the newsletter:

Client info:

• Has Children
  • Has Dog(s)
  • Has Cat(s)
  • Has Other Pet(s)
  • First-Time Homebuyer

Property features:

• Pool
  • Attached Garage
  • Detached Garage
  • Carport
  • Septic System
  • Trees on Property
  • Basement
  • Crawlspace
  • Well
  • Fireplace
  • Solar Panels

Issues discovered during inspection:

• Roof
  • Insulation or Weatherstripping
  • GFCIs
  • Plumbing
  • Windows
  • HVAC System
  • Exterior Siding or Trim
  • Exterior Drainage
  • Electrical Wiring or Devices
  • Electrical Panel
  • Smoke or Carbon Monoxide Detectors
  • Grout of Caulk in Bathrooms
  • Gutters
  • Deck
  • Fireplace
  • Interior or Exterior Railings
  • Water Heater
  • Garage Door Opener
  • Flooring
  • Dryer Vents
  • Moisture Intrusion
  • Foundation
  • Window Wells
  • Stucco/EIFS
  • General Safety Issues
  • Energy Efficiency
  • No Issues Found

Environmental Concerns:

• Mold
  • Radon
  • Wood Destroying Organism/Insects
  • Lead

We also take into consideration the type of heating and cooling system, property age, etc.

Then, once a month, we send your client a newsletter based on that information. For example, if you check off “Attached Garage” or “Detached Garage”, the first issue will include information about garage door safety.

We also include information like:

A humble request

If you think that I did a good job inspecting your home, please mention me to anyone you know who will need a home inspector. If there’s any reason you would hesitate to recommend me, please let me know.

This tool is an amazing way to keep connected with your past clients (and you better believe that on their 1-year inspection anniversary we’ll include information about annual re-inspections!).

Take a look:
http://www.nachi.org/homeowner-newsletter/

Let me know if you have any feedback.

Great idea on customizing newsletter! I am looking forward to the release.

Wow. An eNewsletter based on the recipient’s profile. That should blow the opt-in stats through the roof.

This is a great, long awaited benefit.
Thanks!
Looking forward to it.

Very nice, I submitted a form to myself as I am curious to how the newsletter looks.

This can be a major marketing tool.

Thanks!!

I think it’s a good idea but I would rather my clients get directed to my web site instead of INACHI.
Is that possible?

This should be a great tool. Looking forward to trying it out.

Wow! That’s great. That’s better than some generic spam type email.

As I put another log on the fire, please consider adding a wood heat check box. :smiley:

Nice idea Chris and crew.

great idea, I already use a news letter from my own site…

I have two news letter lists, both with an opt out button, I can send a letter to my home owners, real estate profesionals, or both. Mine isnt customized to each owner though…

Great idea, I sent it to myself to check out.

I would want links back to my site rather than NACHI before I used it. For each check box provide option to add a url, if left blank then default to NACHI site for that item. Also I see image with my name below it. How did I add my image or Logo. One more thought, integrate it with Fetchreport sending out Fetchreport .

In most cases we do. Because of the anti-spam policies at our email delivery provider, we’re required to include InterNACHI’s contact info in a few places. But in almost all cases, we direct them to your website, not InterNACHI’s.

That’s an interesting idea. The way that the newsletter is designed, it’s not that straightforward, but we’ll look into better ways to handle this issue.

You can upload your photo at: InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (or if you order an ID card, we’ll use that image).

How do you see this working?

There was an error saving your client’s info in the database. Please try again a little later.

That is a very good idea, looking forward to using it. Thanks!

Can you try again and let me know if you still get an error?

I am getting the same error message. I will try again tonight.

There was an issue with how the the postal code field was handled that caused some entries to be rejected. It should be fixed now.

Your client’s information has been successfully submitted. We will confirm with them before adding them (to prevent spam complaints).
I email it to myself and already got the confirmation, Thanks!

The only way I can see it working with Fetch Report is you are going to have to rewrite the code for Fetch Report so we can make the selections there (I am guessing the Fetch Report site will not integrate with the members section of the NACHI site). It would keep the members from entering the email addresses in more than once.