Bombing Syria is not an act of defense.

Nor is it an act of collective self-defense in which the United States comes to the aid of a smaller country.

Therefore, we can’t do it.

Well it now appears that the POTUS will seek congressional approval before acting.

Time to call you representatives and tell them how you feel about attacking a country whee we have little or no interests.

The big question is: After congress tells him no (hopefully) will he listen to them? I doubt it.

Believe it or not I wonder if there are enough Republicans to turn him down.

We shall see.

He might not have enough Dem support? If they listen to their constituents they will tell him “no”. But when do Politicians listen to the people???:roll:

Congress critter are not known to listen very well to their constituents.

I will never forget how they bailed out wall street when there was almost no support from the public.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10057618-38.html?tag=nl.e433

Syria has not attacked the United States nor is Syria a threat to the United States or it’s citizens.

There are many bad actors on the world stage, and this Syrian issue, along with many others, is none of our business & our government should stay out of the conflict.

We are not the police of the world and shouldn’t be acting as we are.

Kevin is correct.

Looks like he might have a good share of Republican support though.

Their objective is Obama’s plan is too isolated and that “any operation should be broader in scope than the “limited” scope Obama described”, said Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

“We cannot in good conscience support isolated military strikes in Syria that are not part of an overall strategy that can change the momentum on the battlefield…, and bring an end to this conflict, which is a growing threat to our national security interests,”

“The potential for escalation in this situation is so great that I think it’s essential that the president not be out there on his own,” Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, said Saturday in an interview."

Lawmakers begin to grapple with Syria question

There are many republicans and democrats that do not vote along the lines of the state districts they represent. People of these districts need to voice their opinions of these “district and state lawmakers” and vote them out, if they are not listening to their wishes in these districts.

I hear that there are many democrats that voted for Obamacare, when the people of their districts did not want it.

That is the problem. Lawmakers are listening to DC; not the people they represent.

The USA should not act, unless acted upon.

That’s because most of them come down with a bad case of Potomac Fever

LOL. And they have yet to find a cure. How much has the government spend on clinical research programs?

Incredible.