Camera?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a camera that works?

I have had every Canon made, threw them all out, none of the shutters would open after a while, and a couple wouldn’t right out of the box…:twisted:

I have a couple of junk Kodaks that take junk photos but keep working.

Any recommendations for a camera in a decent price range which is dependable and takes good macro’s

What price range are you looking at?

My husband is a pro photographer. He has been a big help as far as cameras go. After going thru a few cameras, I got the Olympus C-5060. It takes exceptional macro shots. Pros: camera is small, rechargable batteries, excellent quality, decent zoom, great macro. Cons: the cost. $600+ (new 3 years ago)

My husband uses the Nikon D200’s, awesome camera system. awful price.

Hi Cheryl,

That is out of my price range, I have a tendency to abuse them a little.

I’m looking for a rather inexpensive one that also takes decent pictures, a couple hundred or less.

Hey Dale, here’s a good deal I found. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Email me if you want to order it from me.
Thanks

Enjoy your own digital photo studio at home or on the go. This HP portable photo studio is everything you need to snap and print great photos at home or almost anywhere! The HP Photosmart M307 digital camera complements the HP Photosmart 145 compact photo printer with precise compatibility that produces great looking photos. Keep the camera and printer at home or take them to any occasion to capture the fun. The HP Photosmart M307 digital camera offers 3.2 mega pixel resolution, 15x total zoom (3x optical, 5x digital), built-in video clip and audio capture, and automatic or manual controls for beautiful prints and enlargements up to 8 x 10 inches. View images on the big 1.8-inch LCD outdoors in bright light! With included HP instant share, you can easily select photos right from the camera, then send or print your photos the next time you connect to your computer or printer. As a bonus, you will receive a M series dock, HP Photosmart carrying case, 32MB SD Card and HP glossy photo paper.

Brand new items, all shipping included directly to you.
$250

Dale,
Do you are anyone know of a good camera that has a Wide angle feature for interior shots?

Pick your features before you buy with this handy tool.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Don’t ask why I’m still awake…

Experience the versatile functionality of digital photography with the affordable simplicity of the Fuji FinePix S3100 digital camera.

Boasting a 4.0-megapixel resolution, the S3100 delivers outstanding results with sharp, clear details. The 6x optical zoom lens is coupled with a 3.4x digital zoom to help your capture super fine details even from a distance.

Features include:

• 4.23MP resolution
  • Compact, lightweight design
  • 1.5-in. TFT LCD
  • 6x optical zoom
  • 3.4x digital zoom
  • User-friendly 110,000-pixel electronic viewfinder (EVF)
  • Various shooting modes
  • Auto focus
  • Flash cancel (on/off)
  • Photo date/time stamping
  • Self timer
  • Slow speed sync
  • Red eye reduction
  • Six-language LCD
  • NTSC/PAL video output
  • Aperture priority
  • Auto exposure
  • Manual exposure
  • Multiple program modes
  • Shutter Priority
  • Lower power consumption design
  • USB interface
  • PictBridge compatible
  • 10 oz.
    *]Runs on four AA batteries (not included)
    $250 shipping included, factory reconditioned

Thanks Berry cool site.

description

Image resolution up to 3488 x 2616
Manual zoom control ring with 28mm-300mm equivalent for 35mm
Super-macro up to 0.4"
Beam assist for auto-focusing even in low light
5th generation Super CCD HR technology eliminates interpolation
RP Processor for “Real Photo” images and less noise
Full manual controls for the serious photographer
New Fujinon lens
“Natural Light Mode” for full detail in low light situations
Built-in anti-blur program to reduce camera shake blurring
High Speed Mode for fast-moving subjects
Hot shoe
PictBridge compatible
5" W x 3 11/16" H x 5 1/8" D
Uses four AA batteries
Uses xD-Picture Card™, CompactFlash®, or Microdrive® memory
Includes 16MB xD-Picture Card™, four AA batteries, USB and video cables, lens cap, shoulder strap, and software

Sony Cybershot. 179.00

You’ll really love it in the dark places like attics and crawl spaces with it’s little aiming light beam. Don’t have to hold a flashlight to make sure you get your pic. Just point and shoot.

Takes a dropping and keeps on going. I think I dropped mine about 7 or 8 times including on the concrete driveway. Still working.

But, now I’ve got a neck lanyard that I hook it to so I don’t drop it anymore.

Good old Kodak. three years old. Dropped. Kicked. Rained on. Snowed on. 28,000 pictures later and the damned thing will not die!

I have an Olympus D-510.

2.1 megapiels which is fine for HI work. Takes nice pictures and can be operated with one hand.

Been dropped, rained on, bounce tested. (Although, I confess, I DID replace the outer case once after an 8 foot drop off a ladder on to concrete! It still worked, but the battery case was broken.)

You can pick one up on Ebay for under $50.00.

I’ve had excellent results with the Fuji FinePix series. I have the A345 now (about $140). It has been dropped, kicked and even rolled over on (while in a crawlspace) and it works great. I usually go through one camera a year.

Not really Bruce, but you can generally buy a wide angle lens for some cameras from the manufacturer.

Erby,

Where did you find that price?

179 is a great price. The Cyber-shot DSC-W70 sells for about $289.00 We have one that we use for travel, it slips nicely into a packpack or back pocket, and we dont worry about using it in high crime areas, its not as ‘flashy’ as others. Doesnt take great macro shots, but its 7 megapixels, you can crop it down.