Check out the new Website of Year logo!

http://www.nachi.org/websiteoftheyearlogo.htm

Looks good and I got the box of homeowner guides per FED EXpress.

Appears we have a separate awards committee now?

The design is nice, but was never approved or authored by anyone currently serving on the awards committee who was commissioned by you last year to look over this award.

Does this mean you are taking back over these nominations/submissions and overseeing this award this year?

Perhaps the Awards Committee has not remunerated the Vendor Czar the requisite 25% kickback to stay in good standing. :twisted:

William,

I designed this logo and submitted it to INACHI for approval. I volunteered to design and create the logo with my own personal time and expense.

Does it really matter if someone not associated with the awards committee designs it?

Kevin

Not to you it dosen’t Kevin. :mrgreen:

Sorry guys. Kevin was just trying to help and I didn’t know the committee didn’t yet see it. I must have jumped the gun. It looks great though. Can Kevin get retroactive approval for it? My fault.

William,

I designed this logo and submitted it to INACHI for approval. I volunteered to design and create the logo with my own personal time and expense.

Does it really matter if someone not associated with the awards committee designs it?

Kevin

we have a awards commitee to do these things Kevin

Kevin, I think here we are talking about Principals.

When I came up with the Website of the Year Award, it was approved by Nick for me to persue it and the Golden Globe Award for the Best Website Logo was designed by William Warner and the Committee.

Now I see Nick is advertizing here to submitt Websites and and a new Logo has been brought to the Members attention.
We are all confused at the moment and does this Mean that Nick wants us to relieve the Website of the Year Award, as it is now administered by the Awards Committe?

That would be very unfortunate for all the Members, for this is what has kept the integration of Members of the Association over the past Year.
What is the next step from here?

Nick, can you explain some of this?

Marcel
Member of the Awards Committee

hate to use a bad pun but maybe all the 'liar liar pants on fire" crap is catching up literally…stay safe Nick and hope you and equipment stay out of harms way

I know you designed it Kevin and I think it’s nice.

It doesn’t matter who designs it.
It does matter that the several committee members who devote countless volunteered hours tweaking the awards, seeking nominations, posting polls and results, seeking membership involvement, and promoting these awards are now circumvented and our efforts and processes bypassed.

It was on my to-do list this year to re-design the logo anyways (with the rest of the committees approval).

The 5 year pin went through numerous revisions, votes, and final approval before it ever was posted in the public forums.

As newly elected chairman, it is my job to see that the awards and nominations run smoothly. This is far from smooth.
We have a process for doing this which has been performed since the committees inception.

I jumped the gun. I got it in my email, asked Kevin if I could post it, and then did. I didn’t know that there was no communication behind it. I only have a few seconds to devote to each email and it looked so great I thought it was what I was being instructed to use. I can take it down if you all want me to. Sorry.

In fact I was considering a contest of sorts for a new design with Nick’s cooperation. The rest of the committee is not aware of this yet nor many of my other “to-do” items.

Accepted Nick and understand.

I don’t think that will be necessary, but like I said, I ws considering submitting a contest for the logo revision and may still do so with the monthly award logo.

Nick, does this Award carry the same Life Time Membership?

And in comparison, I think I prefer this one.

Yes, whatever you say Marcel. I can change to say proposed, give me a minute.

http://www.nachi.org/websiteoftheyearlogo.htm

Well, I certainly didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes. The members of this association voted my website “website of the year” and I wanted a nice logo to display on my website.

So, I sent an email to Nick asking if I could design one. I sent him the logo for approval. Sorry if It seemed to others that I circumvented due process or anyone on the awards committee.

I personally think it is a great logo. I designed it and gave to INACHI, so I guess you can do what you want with it. I have another for 2009 and a “Monthly Recognition” one that I will just keep to myself unless the awards committee would like to vote on them being approved.

Kevin

Sorry too. Can Kevin use this logo guys?

Looks nice.