Choosing a domain name, by Chris Morrell.

Choosing a Domain Name.

For those that have no idea let me interject that yesterdays client was an IT expert and found me at “Find an Inspector” through NACHI.
I personally feel choosing a website URL and your business name are completely separate issues.

I 100% disagree. City name home inspector is very effective. I’ve done well because my business name is easy to remember and my url matches it and is close to city name home inspector.

Billy you did not read my one sentence correctly.

Your Domain name and your business name are separate issues period.If the name of your business is "Boerner report " that would be a poor choice for a domain name.Now take that same business name but use the URL StLouishomeinspector.com and the name of your business has no bearing.
Do you think that your domain name must be the same as your business name because you are wrong if that is what you are thinking.
You can call your business anything you wish and it has no bearing on SEO Billy.

What Bob said :slight_smile:

Correct about the SEO, but there is something to be said about Branding and or Name Recognition.

Much easier for people to pass your info on to their friends and neighbors if your Company Name and URL are the same. :wink:

type just dwelling doctors in a search if you do not believe me. :smiley:

Very true, but it’s going to take you a lot longer to get your site up the ranks. I recommend guys create a domain name with their company name for marketing sakes and have that forward to the domain they have their site on. This gives you the best of both worlds.

Whats my company name?

Sit at Home Inspections? :wink:

Depends on which day it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Elliott Home Inspection and **Chicago Property Inspection **](http://www.chicagopropertyinspection.com/)

Yep lots of that this time of year.
Same as you unless doing commercial inspections right?

Sincerely Bob Elliott…chicagolandhomeinspection.com