Congratulations 2009 Awards Nominees!

Fellow members,

Join me in congratulating our current list of awards nominees!

U.S. Member of the Year Nominees:

***Marcel Cyr***Summary and documentation (1st nomination): MARCEL CYR,
I. Performs “Far beyond the call of duty” to improve the service, quality and image of iNACHI.
II. Exemplifies professionalism and dedication to excellent service by putting forth the extra effort.
III. Makes outstanding contributions of significance to the iNACHI organization to fulfill its mission.
IV. Plays well with others and always provides GREAT educational information on the iNACHI Message
Board.
V. Exemplifies his dedication to construction perfection based upon his ongoing residential and commercial
projects postings with pictures and descriptions of the work/trades he is managing. His company and all of
their customers should be very grateful and proud to have them on their team, as should we.

Summary and documentation (2nd nomination): Marcel is a honest, great, wonderful, the best and loyal American NACHI member that i have spoken to ever He truly is a help and a very giving man i respect him along with a list of many that would support me! Thank you Marcel.
***Billy Boerner***Summary and documentation: Billy has kept us all fresh with all the questions and postings that he has asked and made. Billy is a man of honesty and integrity. Billy is striving to make this a message board again and not a place to air dirty laundry. Billy deserves this award.

iNACHI Member of the Year/Gromicko Award Nominees:**

[size=3]Dominic Maricic
[/size]Summary and documentation: Continuing outstanding technical support and general help for NACHI members
***George Luck***Summary and documentation: George is a great help to new and old inspectors he is the kind of home inspector that should be considered a leader of this industry.A very selfless man would give his right arm to help anyone and most of all loves NACHI and promotes it all the time!

Canadian Member of the Year Nominees:**

***George Luck***Summary and documentation: With over 2000 posts on the InterNACHI message board, George has been extremely helpful in answering inspectors questions and helping to organize inspectors in Canada.
***John Umpleby***Summary and documentation (1st nomination): John Umpleby is a tireless seervant to his fellow inspectors. He is constantly answering questions, giving guidance, advising other inspectors and preparing the way for younger and new inspectors entering the industry.
As well, John is a true hero and a wounded warrior representing his country in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
A constant promoter of INACHI [size=2][size=2]in Canada, Mr Umpleby would be a true Canadian Member of the Year.[/size][/size]

Summary and documentation (2nd nomination): John has helped me amongst other home inspectors in various areas, he is always there when you need him, he is a member of almost every home inspection organization, he is always trying to improve the industry, his website has won website of the month, he has been quoted in various newspapers across Canada and he is a true leader in this industry. I do believe that John deserves this award.

Inventions and Innovations Nominees:**

No current nominations

… and congratulations to our newest nominee… Michael Boyett! :smiley:

I. Performs “Far beyond the call of duty” to improve the service, quality and image of iNACHI.
II. Exemplifies professionalism and dedication to excellent service by putting forth the extra effort.
III. Makes outstanding contributions of significance to the iNACHI organization to fulfill its mission.
IV. Plays well with others and always provides GREAT educational information on the iNACHI Message
Board.
V. Exemplifies his dedication to construction perfection based upon his ongoing residential and commercial
projects postings with pictures and descriptions of the work/trades he is managing. His company and all of
their customers should be very grateful and proud to have them on their team, as should we.

Summary and documentation (2nd nomination): Marcel is a honest, great, wonderful, the best and loyal American NACHI member that i have spoken to ever He truly is a help and a very giving man i respect him along with a list of many that would support me! Thank you Marcel.
***Billy Boerner***Summary and documentation: Billy has kept us all fresh with all the questions and postings that he has asked and made. Billy is a man of honesty and integrity. Billy is striving to make this a message board again and not a place to air dirty laundry. Billy deserves this award.

[size=3]Dominic Maricic
[/size]Summary and documentation: Continuing outstanding technical support and general help for NACHI members
***George Luck***Summary and documentation: George is a great help to new and old inspectors he is the kind of home inspector that should be considered a leader of this industry.A very selfless man would give his right arm to help anyone and most of all loves NACHI and promotes it all the time!
***Michael Boyett
*Summary Documentation: Michael has been an exemplary INACHI Ambassador in all of his interactions that I have seen.
Michael also keeps his Fellow TREC/Texas Inspectors informed and up to date on the current state of affairs with regards to TREC.
Michael has been nothing but helpful to any and all Inspectors on the message board needing help.
Please accept my Nomination of Michael for INACHI Member of the Year.

***George Luck***Summary and documentation: With over 2000 posts on the InterNACHI message board, George has been extremely helpful in answering inspectors questions and helping to organize inspectors in Canada.
***John Umpleby***Summary and documentation (1st nomination): John Umpleby is a tireless seervant to his fellow inspectors. He is constantly answering questions, giving guidance, advising other inspectors and preparing the way for younger and new inspectors entering the industry.
As well, John is a true hero and a wounded warrior representing his country in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
A constant promoter of INACHI [size=2][size=2]in Canada, Mr Umpleby would be a true Canadian Member of the Year.[/size][/size]

Summary and documentation (2nd nomination): John has helped me amongst other home inspectors in various areas, he is always there when you need him, he is a member of almost every home inspection organization, he is always trying to improve the industry, his website has won website of the month, he has been quoted in various newspapers across Canada and he is a true leader in this industry. I do believe that John deserves this award.

Inventions and Innovations Nominees:**

No current nominations

My sincere thanks to whoever nominated me. I truly appreciate it.

Just a couple days left to submit nominations!

:d :d :d :d

… and congratulations to our newest nominee… Vern Mitchinson! :grin:

Board.

[size=3]Dominic Maricic
***Michael Boyett
*Summary Documentation: Michael has been an exemplary INACHI Ambassador in all of his interactions that I have seen.
Michael also keeps his Fellow TREC/Texas Inspectors informed and up to date on the current state of affairs with regards to TREC.
Michael has been nothing but helpful to any and all Inspectors on the message board needing help.
Please accept my Nomination of Michael for INACHI Member of the Year.

***Vern Mitchinson***Summary Documentation: [size=2]Vern has been a very strong leader and advocate of InterNACHI in Alberta. At present he is the Past President of the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors in Canada. As you may recall Vern was one of the charter members of this organizations while he was president. He is a member of the Alberta Provincial Inspector Regulation Committee and has been for the past two years. Vern dedicates a lot of his time (probably 20 to 30hrs per week) to this committee and advocates InterNACHI association as well. He is a forthright and dedicated person, both with his relationship with our membership and his clients. If it would not have been for him licensing in Alberta would be going in the same direction as that of British to the committee as a regulatory organization should licensing become mandatory. Vern also spends a lot of time assisting with the Columbia, where our members have no say.

Summary documentation (2nd nomination): [/size]A few years ago Vern Mitchinson found out that CAHPI (Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors) was pushing for licensing legislation in Alberta that, no doubt, would have favoured their organization and likely put many InterNACHI members out of business.
Vern took the initiative to get involved and registered InterNACHI as a society in Canada. Nick Gromicko and Vern then succeeded in getting Vern a seat on the advisory board for the licensing development.
Since that time, and especially this year, Vern has put a lot of time and effort into promoting InterNACHI and ensuring we will have an equal voice in whatever licensing legislation is enacted. If it were not for him, InterNACHI would have probably been left out of the process in Alberta just as they were in British Columbia.
I don’t know of anyone in Canada who has done as much as Vern Mitchinson has this year in promoting InterNACHI and working to prevent biased legislation from being enacted. I believe his efforts are worthy of the Canadian Member of the Year Award.

Congrats all

Yes, warm congratulations to all the nominees.

Everyone can look for the voting polls soon, and vote. :smiley: