Daughter going to college! Tallahassee, FL?

My daughter is looking at going to college. One of the places is Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL. Can anyone tell me about that city. While we looked at a lot of information from the internet, hearing from somebody that knows about the area will be a big help. We live in Northwest Indiana so it’s a little ways from here.

From the complete list of Princeton Review’s top party schools for 2012:

1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
  2. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
  3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
  4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
  5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
  6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
  7. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
    8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
  8. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
  9. University of Texas, Austin, Texas

My school has moved down from #1 to #5 since I left years ago. Time to let them grow up. Good luck. :wink:

I saw that. I told my daughter that we wouldn’t mind moving down there with her. Depending on how and what she does, it might be our incentive/excuse. :slight_smile: I’ve also seen the numbers regarding crime and not sure what to think about that.

If you two are considering CSU or CU and are coming out here to check them out, you are free to stay at my home.

Stephen, when were you in Santa Barbara?

843,463 people are licensed to carry guns concealed in Florida (more than any other state in the Union). Get her a gun and train her to use it (provided she is of age). :wink:

Native of SB. Stayed there until 1979 when I moved to WA. School in 1971-73 when I went to work full time.

I lived there in 96 & 97. I worked at the airport in Goleta. Lived in Carp. for the first few months then moved to SB. What a place!!

Ever hear of The Elephant Bar?

Every time I fly in, I head there. Love their menu. Biggest variety around. I worked at the airport in '77-78. Best airport in the world. 1/2 mile away from UCSB and the nearest bar. The coeds that came to the airport were top notch.

It’s a small world. I worked at what was then Santa Barbara Aerospace, they were located in the 2 big hangers at the SE corner of the airport, you could see them from the patio area of The Elephant Bar.

I got to see John Travolta & Harrison Ford, they would fly in and taxi right up to the Elephant Bar.

It was great waking up in paradise everyday. If I ever hit the big one that’s where I would like to retire. :smiley:

I remember working for a small airline in '77. Had to work the plane that Fleetwood Mac was using. One night after their concert at the SB Bowl, they came through. Stevie Nicks was so hot back them. Helped her with her stuff and got a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Ahhh, the smell of patchouli oil wafting in the air…:mrgreen: