ditto

because I respect the person who asked me to. I’d delete it all if I could.%between%

I read about this thread on the NACHI forum and after reading it I’m embarassed to admit that I’m a member of NACHI.
I see a bunch of guys who decided they were going to go gang up on the poor little real estate saleslady and went and dogpiled her. I’m not proud at all of what you all did.
What I heard (key word there, heard) Lania saying, was that she advises her clients in the negotiation process, to not list every little cosmetic defect for them to repair when trying to negotiate a price drop. Rather, choose the major safety items such as perhaps electrical, structural, etc… and use those as a punch list of items to have corrected or to have the price lowered. These are the items that we all know should be in the summary. Short, sweet, and to the point. The cosmetic items should be included in the rest of the body of the report with plenty of photos to back them up. But they are not there to negotiate with.
You all seem to seethe with hatred for realtors rather than realizing that you all are in the same industry. You are not enemies, you are all working towards a common goal. The well-being of the client(s). I hear these stories/rumors,etc. go around the NACHI board and shake my head when I hear inspectors bragging about how they put off this and that person or were rude to this and that person. That’s just plain bad business! What other industry would you get away with that in?! Would you go back to the plumber that treated you like that? Or if the doctor treated the nurse like that, would they have a good working relationship?
I’ve been told behind the scenes that NACHI is for newbies until they get their feet and then they move on to ASHI when they are ready to fly and be professionals. Maybe this is true? Because taking our crap to another professions BB and crapping all over it is the height of unprofessionalism and I won’t be associated with it!

06/06/2007 by Wendy Forsyth

This comment has been flagged as possible spam and will be reviewed.
Wendy,
Don’t worry. NACHI members who actually perform inspections for a livlihood instead of just talking about them like you do, are also embarrased that you are a member.
The first person to really get offensive was a former ASHI member and is not affiliated with NACHI in any way. It was the “poor little real estate saleslady” (how condescending of you) who was the first to start calling names with the “fifth grade attitude thing”.
Once again you show your own ignorance in regards to the job that an inspector is there to perform. It is not up to the inspector to conclude that cosmetic issues are not there to negotiate with as you put it. Once the inspector is done and the report is issued, subject to clarification of any items the client wishes to discuss, the inspector is done with the only transaction they are hired to perform.
Get this straight so when you start to perform true home inspections you understand. We are not in the same industry. A Realtor sells houses. We inspect houses and the components. We are not concerned with value, location, schools or any of the other items that Realtors help their clients with.
As for your “behind the scenes” inside scoop, You are full of it. There are just as many fully qualified inspectors at NACHI as their are at ASHI. You are not one of them. And this crap as you call it is not on another professions bulletin board. This is a public board open to every industry involved in real estate.
And if you are ashamed of NACHI or any of the members there, please do us all a favor and quit. Maybe you can spread your 10,000 plus posts at another bulletin board and leave us alone. Maybe they haven’t heard your sob stories at this site yet.

06/06/2007 by Sue Menot

It’s a good think Lewis that the Active Rain community knows better and will take care of you, unlike the BB at NACHI. See how they flagged your silly Sue Me Not name?
You have your opinion of the industry Lewis and it isn’t the end all definition. Please stop stalking me. Unless you are Stephen. I am happy to give the Active Rain moderators both of your names if you stalk me here from the NACHI BB.

06/06/2007 by Wendy Forsyth

Your point?

Everyone should be taking note what is going on here. Not everyone disdains Realtor input and Nick especially has been staking everyting on it with the FetchReport system. Those screwing around with a huge resource such as ActiveRain are messing with the big guns and not being very intelligent after Nick made such statements as “I want every freaking listing in the world”.

DUH!

Also, if YOU ALL don’t take MY INCOME more seriously and MY CAREER more seriously than this then Yes I will leave and NO it won’t be a threat I won’t come play anymore, no it WON"T be fun anymore because this is BS. It’s one thing when it’s OUR playground, but that is someone else’s playground.

Do you see how they flagged both LEWIS OR STEPHEN"S post AND KEN’s? As being SPAM??? NOT MINE??? HELLOOO!!! WAKEUP CALL!!!

*This comment has been flagged as possible spam and will be reviewed.
*Wendy,
Don’t worry. NACHI members who actually perform inspections for a livlihood instead of just talking about them like you do, are also embarrased that you are a member.
The first person to really get offensive was a former ASHI member and is not affiliated with NACHI in any way. It was the “poor little real estate saleslady” (how condescending of you) who was the first to start calling names with the “fifth grade attitude thing”.
Once again you show your own ignorance in regards to the job that an inspector is there to perform. It is not up to the inspector to conclude that cosmetic issues are not there to negotiate with as you put it. Once the inspector is done and the report is issued, subject to clarification of any items the client wishes to discuss, the inspector is done with the only transaction they are hired to perform.
Get this straight so when you start to perform true home inspections you understand. We are not in the same industry. A Realtor sells houses. We inspect houses and the components. We are not concerned with value, location, schools or any of the other items that Realtors help their clients with.
As for your “behind the scenes” inside scoop, You are full of it. There are just as many fully qualified inspectors at NACHI as their are at ASHI. You are not one of them. And this crap as you call it is not on another professions bulletin board. This is a public board open to every industry involved in real estate.
And if you are ashamed of NACHI or any of the members there, please do us all a favor and quit. Maybe you can spread your 10,000 plus posts at another bulletin board and leave us alone. Maybe they haven’t heard your sob stories at this site yet.

06/06/2007 by Sue Menot

Whoever left that post? They have your ISP and NICK isn’t the one running the show over there. DUH. THEY will prosecute. THEY will hunt you down like the dog you ARE. They don’t care about scoring with the BOTS. Geeze how stupid to follow me over there and post. You were safe here. NOW you are screwed!

My point is that your statement
“I read about this thread on the NACHI forum and after reading it I’m embarassed to admit that I’m a member of NACHI”.
If you are dissatisfied with NACHI why not move on .
You are doing your self and NACHI no good with this attitude.
Good or bad my support of NACHI and its members has never varied.
If I felt the way you say you do then I would be gone instantly.
Your spreading your hatred and bad attitude only upsets you .
Your attitude most certainly leads to internal strife in your self.
You keep talking about Poor Wendy ,I expect much of you difficulties are self inflicted and if that is the case you should remove yourself from the place that gives you this upsetting attitude you have.
Hope things get better for you in the future when you find a more soothing area to relax in .
NACHI is the one for me today and every Day.

Very good and valid points, Roy.

In fact, I am personally reviewing these posts of hers in relationship to the COE, particularly “The NACHI member shall not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious or destructive to NACHI, fellow NACHI members, NACHI employees, leadership or directors. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from NACHI.

Wendy, if your posts were done in haste and you would like to go back and delete them…now is your chance.

JB

while your at it. why not look into filing complaint against the rest of the members who engaged in debates which put NACHI and it’s members in a negitive spotlight in front of countless realtors around the country.

I certainly have to agree with this. If the NACHI Ethics committee investigates only one individual involved in this incident and fails to investigate all individuals making negative, disparaging, etc., remarks then what is the Ethics Committee’s main goals? Are they there to help the industry or just have “Witch Hunts”??

There are disparaging comments made about NACHI members that have nothing to do with the debate topic under which it is posted.

Sprited debate, foul language, over the top remarks…none of this is new to me or NACHI. Nobody I have ever read on this message board enjoys a heated “gloves off” debate more than I do. But when a member uses another forum to launch an attack against the credibility of the membership and the association…they are walking on some pretty thin ice.

I am certain that the remarks were made in haste and am hopeful that they will be removed or modified so as not to be harmful and seditious to the association and its members. If they are not, I plan to exercise my right as a member and file a formal complaint and request that the remaining members investigate these actions.

Personally, I could not care any less than I already do about how NACHI appears to real estate salespeople. That is for those who market to them to concern themselves with.

Debates…negative spotlights…etc…are of no concern to me.

The posts that I am examining have to do with statements made that have no bearing on the topic of the thread or any of its posts and are made to disparage members of NACHI to whoever may come across them. I care about that.

If you are concerned about used house salespeople being offended by debates on our message board, you need to take that battle on yourself. It has nothing to do with me.

NACHI COE:

Merriam Webster Online:

Are we not “professionals”? Are we not to act “Professionally”? Is it ethical, according to even the NACHI COE, to act “Unprofessionally”?

JB,

Not caring about what real estate agents think about NACHI is a personal opinion. many of us do market to realtors simply because a large percentage of homes sold are through agents which leads to more inspections. as a ESOP committee member, it’s part of your duty to get past your personal feelings and take the whole memberships will being into consideration.

You stated:
If you are concerned about used house salespeople being offended by debates on our message board, you need to take that battle on yourself. It has nothing to do with me.

I’m not concerned about the things said on OUR message board. it’s whats being said on someone Else’s message board that is giving NACHI and it’s members a negative outlook to realtors. sorry James, this is unprofessional and does nothing to improve our industry weather you want to admit it or not.

By your definition, all who act “unprofessionally” are unethical. I would disagree.

On this very thread regarding this particular issue, you and I may evolve into a heated exchange on the differences we have on these thoughts. Some of our remarks may appear to the other as “unprofessional”. So what? It happens.

But if I go to an outside message board and proclaim that Manny is just an idiot who joined NACHI until his ASHI membership kicks in…I have crossed the line.

95% of what is posted on this message board, outside of the technical threads, would be more appropriate in a “chat room” where the posts are deleted when the conversation has ended, IMO. But, it’s not and we live with it.

If you are looking for censorship, there are a few other message boards out there that you will probably enjoy…but even the highly censored and edited message board at inspectionnews bashes used house salesmen.

Wendy,
I honestly don’t know why you went over the top at ActiveRain? Please don’t respond until you have read your post with a clear head again. If you still feel it was justified to do such a thing then so be it. It was a long coming debate to air our differences and give us all something to think about. you pounded us and gave the other org. and realtors a complete pass. I am so put back by this that I can’t even type right! I have a reply for you at Active Rain as well. I honestly try to be a voice of reason most of the time…oh forget it!
Randy

Re: Why don’t you see what your little boys are up to?

Oh man, wait till R gets a hold of this :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL

Mic

James, you might review the fact that I have never made a Post on the ACTIVEREAIN board, not even an anonymous one, why would I be afraid to use my name there to criticize a Wannabe No It All who by her own addmission does not perform home inspections.

This is just another example of her paranoia, and a personal attack on another message board outside of the NACHI Free for All she has made personal attacks not only on NACHI Members but on the credibility of NACHI itself. her “Inside Information” about what goes on behind the scenes at NACHI, are like most of her “Creations” and “Fabrications” over the past year, and an attempt to seek attention on another message board.

I will be filing a formal complaint with ActiveRain asking for her removal from their membership.

I do have to admit that here on Our Message Board I have said much the same as who ever Suemenot is, so have many others, but I sign my Name to every post, I would gladly do it there if I was willing to play her Poor, Poor, Wendy game on another board, I’m not.

Her accusations and “behind the scenes information” about NACHI on a Board dedicated to mostly Realtors and other members of the Real Estate profession should in itself be enough to have her Membership in NACHI Revoked

Someone sent me this other AR post of Wendy’s.

Now…reading this post (and others) in context of the COE, particularly…

…it is obvious that Wendy feels some benefit to endearing herself to the real estate salesman at the expense of discrediting the members of this association.

She has taken it upon herself to speak on behalf of the motivation of all members of the association who post at AR.

I am ready to formally ask that she be removed as a member if she does not either resign, herself, or delete these disparaging posts and refrain from others of this nature.

It’s to late for deletion, others have read her posts and responded, she said it, she wrote it, let her live with the consequences.