What To Do If You Are Having A Heart Attack!

:roll:

Thanks Mr. Ferry, good read…

Boy it sure had the look & feel of authenticity.

What tipped you off Joe, the “be a friend” part? :smiley:

Thank you Mr Ferry…good info.

In case it isn’t clear…

EVERYONE SHOULD CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE 2nd POST!

I also think that Joe T’s post should be removed.

Richard:

I removed the post as you suggested.

I thought that the information sounded like a way to stay alive!

One thing though, for over 9 years now, is that I won’t have to put out my stinking cigarette into my stinking ashtray when and if I am faced with he subject of this thread.

PS: Some smokers stink, and only a non smoker can tell, it’s really bad smell :mrgreen:

My wife found this additional info. Personaly I’d rather do something than nothing as I have had a heart attack and have cardio myopothy and I know that your never so scared as you get when you know it’s a heart attack.

Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, San Diego 92103.

A case of a patient with an acute anterior myocardial infarction (MI) and ventricular fibrillation is presented. The patient was resuscitated after cough-cardiopulmonary resuscitation (C-CPR) was administered in the emergency department. The patient received thrombolytic therapy without complication. Cough-CPR is a technique not in widespread use. With the advent of thrombolytic therapy for patients with acute myocardial infarctions, a relative contraindication to thrombolytic therapy is present in patients who receive “standard CPR.” The use of cough-CPR in witnessed dysrhythmias can alleviate this problem. Cough-CPR can also reduce the morbidity of resuscitations.

Joe T…

I’m sure you posted it in good faith. I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise. And…it does seem like it might be a useful technique for those at risk if thoroughly trained. The trouble is, according to Joe F’s post (which seemed quite authorative), that for the untrained, or used improperly, it actually may increase the risk of death.

Hell…I might look into it. I’m 56 and, even though I know better, I “stink”! :^o

The post had all of the indices of a scam. A big tip-off on any of these things is the “send this to everyone in the universe” clause. If these knuckleheads only knew how much they are slowing down the internet with this dopey information.

Every time I get one of these emails I copy a representative slice of the narrative, put it in quotes in google together with the word “snopes”. 99 times out of 100, snopes has busted it as a hoax.

As a 911 dispatcher for too many years, I heard and believed the cough thing also. :frowning: (never part of SOP’s thou, so we weren’t allow to recommend it)
Thanks for setting me straight.
Jamie