Double wide

Okay Indiana inspectors. On a double wide manufactured home does it have to have an electrical disconnect outside the home. The way I understand it, yes within 30 feet. I have an electrician say he has never heard of this. Can anyone show me the code/standards. I don’t like using the word code!
Thanks Ron

Discount on what?

they should have a discount, since they depreciate. Just sayin

Electrical discount outside the manufactured home. Sorry I should have proof read!

Do you mean disconnect?

This is from the Nachi mobile home course…

© Disconnecting Means: A single disconnecting means should be provided in each manufactured home consisting of a circuit breaker or a switch and fuses, along with their accessories, installed in a readily accessible location near the point of entrance of the supply cord or conductors into the manufactured home. The main circuit breakers or fuses should be plainly marked “Main.” This equipment should contain a solderless type of grounding connector or bar for the purposes of grounding, with sufficient terminals for all grounding conductors. The neutral-bar termination of the grounded-circuit conductors should be insulated.

I was wondern’ how thos inspecktors were chargin’ low prices…

Yes disconnect. Busy putting a report together and I’m in a hurry. Your saying no outside disconnect is needed?

“installed in a readily accessible location near the point of entrance of the supply cord or conductors into the manufactured home.”

Got the document I was looking for. Yes it needs an outside electrical disconnect within 30 feet of the manufactured home. Thanks

Gary I’m busier then hell and I’m not cheap!

Can you share it?

Frank send me your email. Don’t know what good it will do you being from San Diego.

Everyone I’ve ever inspected had a disconnect at the Meter. Generally if the Meter is on a pole and not the house it should have a disconnect.

Actually it’s distance requirement. There must be a disconnect when meter is greater than 10’ from the panel

Is that NEC?

Link to source please…