A downer, son's friend died last night

My son just came over to let me know one of his friends died in a tragic auto accident last night. My son is 20 and his friend was 19. His name was Matt. They were classmates in ROTC in high school. I’m not sure why I’m posting this except my son’s grief is severe at this time and was wondering if any other parents have had a similar experience.
I’m taking my son fishing next week. I want to spend more time with him, this terrible incident was a wake up call for me to not take for granted the time we have with our loved one’s. Every day is a precious day. Try to share it with someone you love.

Amen…and, amen.

Do it.

No man on his death bed ever wished he had spent more time at the office.

Hi Chris,

We have lost three teens this summer to auto accidents. We have known one of them since he was six years old. I coached him in Little League from minors to seniors. Two others were friends of my daughter. It really hits home when you loose so many that are so close to your family. I know that it is going to take my son a long time to learn how to deal with losing his best friend. Go luck to you and your family.

In times likes these we all ask why?

As I have gotten older I am recognizing that family is indeed one of the most important thinkd we have.

I’m praying for you and your family as well as Matt’s…

I just lost a friend yesterday that has worked at the jail with me for 21 years. Went in the hospital to have a kidney stone removed. Died on the table. 7 months away from retirement. Guy Pagano God rest your soul.

Greg and Gary, my condolences. Very sorry to hear about the loss of those close to you. Jae… thank you friend. James Bushart-words of wisdom. Thank you Michael for your prayers. Robert, yes I believe time spent with my son will indeed be special.

I agree. Your time with your son will be special for both.

Take care.