Egypt Pics

My wife and I just returned from Egypt this past weekend and had a great time.

I thought I’d share some amazing pictures, for those of you who are interested in seeing Egyption culture.

I will be posting five pics at a time due to exceeding the limits of the uploads.

Native carving Allibaster stone

My wife loved this Egyption baby

This is the oldest boat in the world. This was unburied from a tomb 4,500 years ago.

Notice the rope that holds the hull together. Simply amazing that this boat floated at one time.

This camel is tired. Note the rifle hanging from the rear of the saddle. Everywhere we went, we had armed guards watching over us.

Camel (up close)

My wife enjoying the ride

Outside my hotel room (balcony)

Beautiful sunset

I can’t believe I was inspecting in Egypt. Nice SE next to window.

All these pics are bigger if you click on them…

David

Nice pictures,it sounds like you and your wife had a great time!

I have been to Egypt three times in the last ten years.
The first time I was there “culture shock” the second time “culture shock” the third time “culture shock”.

Hi. Dave;

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Looks really nice.

Looks like that area have pretty good looking woman, like the one riding the camel, oh, was that your wife, sorry. ha. ha. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Marcel

This very nice family served us dinner one evening

I was inspecting inside the pyramids also. Note the ancient way of monitoring cracks. They simply apply a cement solution (over the crack) and monitor for continued cracking

Outside a temple

Egyptian boy working in the fields

Another camel (eating)

Mosque

Mummy

We handed out pens to the children and they literally scrambled and fought for them

We had our Egyptologist (Ehab) hand out the remaining pens, because the children were fighting over them

Outside another temple

Pictures of the Natives

Nice pic of a Pyramid with Camel in foreground

More Pyramids

Sarcophagus

Natives smoking the Shisha pipe (We seen this every day)

Natives offering me tea

The (one and only) Sphinx

Another Temple

And another Temple (I’m all Templed out)

And last but not least…My wife and I had to see what it was like, to dress in Egyptian wardrobe

If anyone is interested in additional pics of Egypt and its culture, I have over 300 in stock. Let me know what you’re looking for and I’ll email them to you.

davevalley@comcast.net

Thanks for sharing the pics, David. :smiley: What a great experience! Did you go with a group? Was that 3 phase electric?

very nice !!!

Fantastic pictures, Dave.

Thanks for sharing.

thanks Dave very nice of you to share the pics with us

Very Nice !!!

Mic

Very interesting. Thanks! ( Were those N.A.C.H.I. pens you were giving out? It must have looked like a bunch of young inspectors scrambling for 'free-bees at a chapter meeting!:mrgreen: )

David,

Those were GREAT pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

Thank you David for sharing.

Thanks for sharing, Dave!

I tried to refer a client to you (not knowing you were away), fortunately it sounds like you got them hooked up.

Good photos…

Thanks for sharing the pictures David.

Not a problem, gentlemen.

It was definitely a culture shock for my wife, but it’s not new to me. I’ve seen worse in other countries.