Electrical

Volts (V), is the measure of potential energy per unit of charge. Most household current is “pushed” at 120 or 240 volts.
You commonly hear “It’s not voltage that kills, it’s current!". Voltage and current are related, by a quantity called resistance.
So high voltage, across the same object, will automatically give you higher current.
However, the general principle itself is correct, current is what does the damage…if you are exposed to very high voltage but your resistance is high enough to keep the current down, you can be OK. Likewise, if you’re holding wires in a way that presents low resistance, a small voltage may cause a big current and kill you.
The best thing to do is avoid electric and use proper safety practices when dealing with “High Voltage”.

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

BUT

WHY?

Where do amps fit into this thing called current? How do you measure current? Watts the law say about all this?

I think when he says current he is actually talking about amps. When I think of current I think of a general term not a specific one.

That thing I’d drawing 3.5 amps. That wire has current flowing through it.

Something like that. What I typically tell people in layman’s terms is amps kill volts bring pain.