Endoscope (remote Camera)

Thought I would pass on this little Tool tip to all of you. Not sure how many of you are using or purchased an Endoscope or “Remote Inspection Camera”. I purchased a Ryobi model two or three years ago, probably paid at least $80-$100 for it, and it is just a viewer, not a camera. Also the business end of the thing is about 11/16 in diameter. Also I had looked at some other inspection cameras and anything that is decent is over $200, and the camera end is still over 1/3 inch wide.

So anyway I did find a USB Endoscope that will work with either Android (phone or tablet) or a PC (I believe they also have some for iPhones). Price ? About $12 and the camera end is 5.5m (just under 1/4 inch) waterproof, Res. 640x480 or 1280x720 (on PC). Still Photos or Video. Lighted with (6) LEDs, adjustable brightness. I actually purchased 3 of them and with a price break Less than $33/ with free shipping. (yep direct from China) about 15 days to arrive. I did not use the app software that came with the camera, there are several apps available at the “play store”.

I’ve only played around with it a little, but it is far more useful (small) and better resolution than even some of the $400 cameras I have seen at the recent inspection conferences from dedicated “inspection” venders.

I understand there are a few online sources for these. I got mine at http://www.banggood.com/search/endoscope-usb-camera.html Check to make sure it is compatible with your phone. I got the one that is for my Samsung S5. then it comes with an adaptor to a standard USB for your PC. Also the cable comes in different lengths. mine is 1.5 meters long. (looks like they have some up to 10 meters long

You can thank me later…

Larry

Ok it’s later… thanks :slight_smile: