Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

Old 12/30/18, 4:21 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: Found these...Whats my obligation if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
Is that why you were ejected from the orgaization?

Please explain what you are talking about or are you just spreading false information

Political debate and anti-American rhetoric by Canadians belongs in the NFE section.

Mr. Yeung has a history of plagiarizing the words of others, including propaganda, and posting it without credit to the original source as if it were his own.

I think you're both ethically challenged.
I CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK IT IS YOU WHO HAS THE PROBLEM

Keep the political crap in the NFE.

I see you lack the ability to be polite and follow the NACHI rules .
You are setting a very poor example on how things should be done
Attached Thumbnails
Found these...Whats my obligation if any?-cry-baby-jpg  
Need a home inspection in Alabama? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alabama certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/31/18, 1:39 PM

Mr. Young,

When people use the expression "no legitimate sporting purpose" when attempting to sway opinions regarding our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms, they are missing the point. The second amendment is there not to protect our right to hunt game and target shoot, but to ensure that the general population is able to protect their persons, property, and freedom from all who would attempt to take them away.

Look to history and you will see that one of the first things a tyrannical regime seeks to do is to render the public defenseless. The government that does not have a healthy fear of the people it governs is far more likely to abuse their position of power than one that does.

Those who think that gun control is the answer should consider the following:

One of the top ten states with the most restrictive gun laws in the country is Illinois, where last year there were 650 murders in Chicago alone, according to a USA Today's compilation of crime data.

In Maryland, another state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country, Baltimore had 343 murders last year and has highest per capita murder rate in the nation. The city was also just named the most dangerous city in America by USA Today.

Violent crime has been on the decline for the last decade in America, even as laws to allow law-abiding citizens to bear arms have been on the rise.

More problematic than the presence of guns (or any other weapon, for that matter) is people's willingness to use them to settle conflict. TV, movies, music, and popular culture glorify violence and encourage vengeance, often painting thugs and murderers as modern day folk heroes. This is a sickness that some people have chosen to defend under the banner of freedom of speech, even while decrying other far less odious expressions as "hate speech".

Removing guns as a tool for people's expression of their sick attitudes will not cure the attitude. Remove the right of the law-abiding citizen (the vast majority of gun owners), and you will leave them at the mercy of those who obey no law.

I don't see why any of this is difficult to understand.

William Bruce Ogletree
Ogletree Inspection Services

214-287-4630
www.ogletreehi.com
ogletreehi@gmail.com

Last edited by wogletree; 12/31/18 at 1:44 PM..
Old 12/31/18, 9:00 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Canada, everybody's best friend

YouTube

Brad Barbour
BNB Home Inspection Services
http://bnbhomeinspections.com/
Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #1226
Washington State Licensed Structural Pest Inspector #87852
International Assoc. of Home Inspectors-- Certified Inspector #150116065
(360) 724-8180
Old 12/31/18, 9:11 PM
Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogletree View Post
Mr. Young,

When people use the expression "no legitimate sporting purpose" when attempting to sway opinions regarding our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms, they are missing the point. The second amendment is there not to protect our right to hunt game and target shoot, but to ensure that the general population is able to protect their persons, property, and freedom from all who would attempt to take them away.

Look to history and you will see that one of the first things a tyrannical regime seeks to do is to render the public defenseless. The government that does not have a healthy fear of the people it governs is far more likely to abuse their position of power than one that does.

Those who think that gun control is the answer should consider the following:

One of the top ten states with the most restrictive gun laws in the country is Illinois, where last year there were 650 murders in Chicago alone, according to a USA Today's compilation of crime data.

In Maryland, another state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country, Baltimore had 343 murders last year and has highest per capita murder rate in the nation. The city was also just named the most dangerous city in America by USA Today.

Violent crime has been on the decline for the last decade in America, even as laws to allow law-abiding citizens to bear arms have been on the rise.

More problematic than the presence of guns (or any other weapon, for that matter) is people's willingness to use them to settle conflict. TV, movies, music, and popular culture glorify violence and encourage vengeance, often painting thugs and murderers as modern day folk heroes. This is a sickness that some people have chosen to defend under the banner of freedom of speech, even while decrying other far less odious expressions as "hate speech".

Removing guns as a tool for people's expression of their sick attitudes will not cure the attitude. Remove the right of the law-abiding citizen (the vast majority of gun owners), and you will leave them at the mercy of those who obey no law.

I don't see why any of this is difficult to understand.

Isn't it nice to live in Texas! I'm off now to go count my armor piercing rounds, hollow points, FMJ's, all to ensure I have an adequate supply and clean the myriad of self defense tools I own!

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

http://www.psinspection.com

TREC License# 7593
ICC Residential Combination Inspector
#5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Professional Real Estate Inspections for the counties of Collin, Rockwall, Hunt, Dallas, Tarrant, Kaufman and all surrounding areas. If you want the the best you will find it with PS Inspection & Property Services LLC!
Old 12/31/18, 9:26 PM
Community Guest

I would say mind your damn business but too late. You go around opening up people's boxes?
Old 12/31/18, 10:23 PM

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

"We Respect Our Clients Right to Privacy"

Old 12/31/18, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjanzen View Post
I would say mind your damn business but too late. You go around opening up people's boxes?
Here's the quandary the OP was in:

He saw a fairly good cache of ammo, some of it fairly heavy-duty. If every person in this world could be counted on to behave themselves, then there would be no question about what to do: Nothing.

Unfortunately, we hear way to many stories about people who might take that ammo and do terrible things with it and then the stories about people who might have helped prevent these terrible things had they said something beforehand. "See something? Say something."

The OP was trying to find the balance between minding his own business and being a responsible citizen. I personally don't think the responsible thing is to just say, "That's none of my business". That feels more to me like a cop-out that ignores the reality of the the world we live in.

William Bruce Ogletree

214-287-4630
www.ogletreehi.com
ogletreehi@gmail.com
Old 1/1/19, 3:53 AM
Community Guest

Quote:

He saw a fairly good cache of ammo, some of it fairly heavy-duty. If every person in this world could be counted on to behave themselves, then there would be no question about what to do: Nothing.

Unfortunately, we hear way to many stories about people who might take that ammo and do terrible things with it and then the stories about people who might have helped prevent these terrible things had they said something beforehand. "See something? Say something."

The OP was trying to find the balance between minding his own business and being a responsible citizen. I personally don't think the responsible thing is to just say, "That's none of my business". That feels more to me like a cop-out that ignores the reality of the the world we live in.
Not gonna take the bait. Good luck to you fella.
Old 1/1/19, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjanzen View Post
Not gonna take the bait. Good luck to you fella.
And you as well. Happy New Year!

William Bruce Ogletree

214-287-4630
www.ogletreehi.com
ogletreehi@gmail.com
Old 1/1/19, 11:38 AM

Wow just finished my inventory and I'm low on .50 BMG, tracers, frag grenades, phosphorous grenades, claymores, and some other needed self defense items. Going to have to make a run tomorrow and stock up. Possibly there will be a lot of after Christmas sales going on?

TREC License# 7593
Professional Real Estate Inspections for the counties of Collin, Rockwall, Hunt, Dallas, Tarrant, Kaufman and all surrounding areas. If you want the the best you will find it with PS Inspection & Property Services LLC!
Old 1/1/19, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Wow just finished my inventory and I'm low on .50 BMG, tracers, frag grenades, phosphorous grenades, claymores, and some other needed self defense items. Going to have to make a run tomorrow and stock up. Possibly there will be a lot of after Christmas sales going on?
I see an arms race between the Republic of Texas and the Quintessential Empire of Scanlandia taking shape!

William Bruce Ogletree

214-287-4630
www.ogletreehi.com
ogletreehi@gmail.com
Old 1/1/19, 2:37 PM

Quote:
I see an arms race between the Republic of Texas and the Quintessential Empire of Scanlandia taking shape!

Not much of a race since they are way behind me!

TREC License# 7593
Old 1/1/19, 9:47 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:

The ammo in that house can be purchased via mail order by anyone at least 18 years old. The .50 BMG can be had for as little as $4.20/rd.

10 Round Box - 50 BMG Barrett Brand 661 Grain M33 Ball Ammo Made by CBC | SGAmmo.com

Beer is more highly restricted.

Chuck Evans (TREC #7657)
Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer (#8402)
HomeCert Houston Home Inspections & Thermal Inspections Find us on Facebook
The Woodlands Home Inspections
Magnolia TX Home Inspections & Thermography

Houston, TX

SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.
Need a home inspection in Alabama? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alabama certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/1/19, 10:42 PM

Quote:

Thoughtful post.

Robert Young's ​Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
Home Inspections & Building Inspection Services.
Covering on and off islands in greater Montreal and Laval. (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732.
Our Motto: Putting Information Where You Need It Most, "In Your Hands."
https://montreal-home-inspection-services.com

Old 1/2/19, 3:15 AM

Well, it looks like you found what I call a starter kit, or half a range day...

Golden Arrow Home Inspection LLC
Thousand Oaks, CA
805-368-3205
www.goldenarrowhomeinspection.com
Golden Arrow is on Facebook!
Home Inspector for Ventura, Los Angeles,
and Santa Barbara County