Get More Business Through Better Graphics

Graphics are often an afterthought for many business owners, which will ultimately hurt them.

My name is Wylie Robinson and I’ve been creating the graphics, along with Lisa Vega, you have all checked out (hopefully) at www.nachi.org/gallery The purpose of this post is to tell you about a new illustration service that I’d like to extend to InterNACHI members.

The classic adage that “a picture is worth a thousand words” could never be more accurate for emerging businesses. According to a study conducted at Stanford University, 47% of consumers let the “visual credibility” of a business impact their decision to buy. Within a short period of time, most people are able to tell a lot about a company from its graphics. These impressions include, the company’s strength, brand, product range, offerings and professionalism. By using the right graphics, you will be able to set your business apart from the competition and instantly control how your client thinks of you.

What I am offering is a graphic design service for InterNACHI members only. I want to create better graphics and a new “feel” for your business. I am ready to work one-on-one with you to achieve the right look and message that you want to send to your clients. To see examples of my work, you can check out the InterNACHI gallery at www.nachi.org/gallery or you can visit my personal website and online portfolio at www.wylierobinson.com.

If you feel that your business could benefit from better graphics, please reply to this thread and we can discuss the specifics of how you want your business to appear visually. Projects will be taken on in order of posting, and time permitting. Also, this idea is still in its infancy, so any suggestions or comments about how to make it better are more than welcome.

-Wylie Robinson

Wylie,

Good job.

I like this pic…

Who wants to go first? I’m buying.

I’ll pass, but thanks anyways.

C’mon guys, Nick’s footing the bill on the first graphic request.

Who’s it gonna be?

Still looking for a good Chicago Property Inspection Logo :slight_smile:

I could use a good logo. Is that what you are talking about?

Much more than that Greg. Wylie is going to build you an entire brand. I’ll have him call you and Robert tomorrow.

I’m game.

Ill Try it

I am in need of a logo myself.

Thank you!

I’m Interested

Count me in Nick.

I am definately impressed by your work, and I have been wanting to update my graphics (letterheads, invoicing, reports, etc.)… Give me a holler when ya get a chance…

I want to say thank you to everyone that has shown interest in having me take a look at your graphics. I have received a number of requests and am trying to respond to everyone as quickly as possible.

For those interested in participating, I’ve set up a series of questions that I will be asking you regarding your brand. Below are some answers that I received from Barry Adair, owner of Adair Inspection. Barry is primarily interested in redesigning his logo for letterheads, shirts, reports, invoices…etc

What is some graphic ‘traits’ that you find appealing or would like to incorporate into your brand?
Likes the graphics of Queensboro shirt company – clean, simple, ‘to-the-point’. Likes things in threes ie: safety, security, serenity. Produce ‘threes’ in graphic terms – three objects/shapes/colors

What is the message you want to send to clients?
Consumer protection, professionalism, “safety, security, serenity”, “got your back”, prompt, “Texan consumer protection inspection”

What message would you like to avoid?
No spy glass. NOT RESIDENTIAL, wants commercial feeling, no frontier look/branding Irons/wild west…etc

Is there anything iconic already about your business?
Wolf logo - Modernize the wolf – keep it simple. Wolf is significant.

What are you favorite colors?
Red, white, blue! Harley Davidson Black and Orange, retro-ish
Likes Harley font

Today I will be taking a stab at some new logos for Barry, which I will post here on the message board. These are the types of questions I will ask anyone that is interested in achieving a ‘new look’ for their business.

Stay tuned!

-Wylie

Just wanted to show everyone what I’ve been working on so far for Barry Adair. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Also, any combination of these graphics can be created, changed, edited, and altered. If I am far off the mark, no problem, I am not above starting over.

Let me know your initial thoughts.

adair inspection.ai.pdf (102 KB)

thanks!

-Wylie

Wylie,

Great job. I like the Harley logo, but the text “Texas Born” has got to go.

I agree David, that one was just for fun!

Where is the commercial “feel” of the logo?

Barry didnt really specify the need to have a commercial “feel” but rather to avoid residential icons… ie a gable roof, or a house silhouette. etc

I must have misunderstood this

No spy glass. NOT RESIDENTIAL, wants commercial feeling, no frontier look/branding Irons/wild west…etc

My bad…carry on