In God We Trust Challenged

Article here:wink:

I just read that myself Linas, what is this world coming too?:):shock:

This of course, is another misreading of the constitution. Having “In God We Trust” does not violate the constitution. This does not establish a religion.

We are a secular nation, deal with it.

Only in your dreams Joey, now go back to sleep.

Well then do whatever it is you think you have the right to do and we will see the law crash down on you like a ton of bricks. No dream, just the reality that you have strayed far from. The United States is a secular nation and there is nothing you can do to change that.

Quotes From John Adams

[size=2][/size]

I guess that means the constitution is not for our dear joe.

Bang your drum as loudly as you like we are a secular nation, there is no religious litmus test, no document that demands recognition to any Deity. Get over yourself, the free people of America have the right to pursue happiness as they see fit apart from the decrees from any number of Gods.

My status as an American and the inalienable rights I hold as a citizen are not predicated on conforming to any religion or worshiping gods and cannot be taken away. Your supposed Theocracy is an illusion.

Secular Coalition for America

“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –October 11, 1798

Keep beating your drum Joey. Keep beating your drum…

Obviously, one man’s incorrect opinion which are unenforceable in today’s society and was obviously discarded when the true laws of our country were established for everyone.

There is no force of law in this country establishing the religious practices or lack there of in regards the citizens of this nation, furthermore apart from what you may believe… none will ever exist either.

I fully understand your predisposition to attempt to limit the liberties of others, but the reality is that it is not your’s or anyone’s business what religion free people choose to practice or abandon. I challenge you to prove me otherwise.

I own no drums, it is you who are the evangelist. My message is simple… Free men need no religion.

One without Christ will never truly be free. Good luck to you, you’ll need it.

Joe on many of your comments you are absolutly right.
There is no Religious test needed to be an American.
To require such a test would suggest that there is a government controlled church which our Constitution forbids.
There is no demand that you recognize any Diety.
You are protected under the Constitution to recognize any Diety that you desire.
You do have the right to pursue happiness as you see fit.
So long as you abide by the Constitutional laws that are laid out for you.
Your rights are not predidated on conforming to any religion or worshiping gods.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by thier CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that amoung these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Don’t be fooled Joe your rights can be taken away, Congress does it all the time. Felons are not allowed to vote, posses firearms…

The following below are passages taken from my current college course material. Kirkpatrick Signature Series Reader
Center for American Vision and Values

Our Founders knew that it would be wrong for there to be a government controlled church this is where the concept of seperation of church and state comes from. They never intended for us to mistake that for a complete removal of everything religious from government or state affairs.

President Jefferson was on his way to church on a Sunday morning with his large red prayer book under his arm when a friend querying him after thier mutual good morning said which way are you walking Mr. Jefferson. To which he replied to Church Sir. You going to church Mr. J. You do not believe a word in it. Sir said Mr. J. No nation has ever yet existed or been governed without religion. Nor can be. The Christian religion is the best religion that has ever been given to man and I as Chief Magistrate of this nation am bound to give it the sanction of my example. Good morning Sir.

Jefferson didn’t say he believed in the Christian God; he evaded that point. But Jefferson did agree with what all his colleagues in the founding thought, that people cannot maintain liberty without religion.

Right at its beginning, this nation formed a covenant with God which is repreated in the Declaration “with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence” The founders pledged their fidelity to the will of God and asked God to protect their liberty. They further enacted this covenant in many later acts of Congress regarding Days of fasting. With in the first six months for instance, congress put out a proclamation that every American State set aside a day for prayer and fasting. And then within another year, an act of Congress instituted a Day of Thanksgiving to commemorate the signal successes of that year and again each year after.

You see someone has misinterpreted the wording within the Documents that make this nation. We are not to abolish religion from government, Government simply is not allowed to establish or control its own church.

"Right at its beginning, this nation formed a covenant with God which is repreated in the Declaration “with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence” The founders pledged their fidelity to the will of God and asked God to protect their liberty. They further enacted this covenant in many later acts of Congress regarding Days of fasting. With in the first six months for instance, congress put out a proclamation that every American State set aside a day for prayer and fasting. And then within another year, an act of Congress instituted a Day of Thanksgiving to commemorate the signal successes of that year and again each year after.

You see someone has misinterpreted the wording within the Documents that make this nation. We are not to abolish religion from government, Government simply is not allowed to control its own church. "

Hear Hear … as was said separation of church and state was not to keep religion out of the government but to keep the government from interfering with the church. The founders of this nation fled british rule exactly because of that very thing.

And this is exactly what Joey and folks of his “persuasion” are attempting to do. Those of you who are newer to the board will soon learn Joey’s hatred of everything religious and in particular Christians and Christianity. I find it interesting that NACHI would expel one member for his racist comments, yet allow Joey to spew his religious hatred. Bigotry is more than race…

You must have confused me with one of your relatives, I’m no felon.

BTW, What was the point of your rant anyway?

Why do you hate me so much, what have i ever done to you? You have so much, I simply wish to live free from the limitations you and your religion seek to place on me, my family and my liberty.

Please don’t persecute me and my family any longer for seeking to exercising our freedom to practice our religion as free American citizens, I do not know your god and he has no truck with me.

Is this how it started in Germany? What’s next from you people, being forced to wear a gold star on my clothes and being imprisoned in a ghetto for my beliefs? Are there ovens in my future because I celebrate life on a Friday and not Sunday? You know my mother was part Jewish and her blood flows through my veins I can not change that fact. But between now the the time you erect those ovens for us sinners do no expect us to go quietly, be prepared to lose everything as we will resist to the end and do everything in our power to disrupt your plans.

Some historical facts where stated that support our Christian
heritage in America and all you can do is jump over to some
abstract warning that the nazi’s are coming? Please stop…

LOL…:mrgreen: