Grainger has closed down Professional Equipment.

Professional Equipment was a big vendor for many years at many inspection conferences. They are no more.

www.InspectorOutlet.com is going to start carrying many of PE’s formerly popular products.

Nuts.

I like them

Darn if that includes outlet stores.
Best place to go overpay for a last minute needed Moisture meter.

Those 1 ton catalogs were expensive to print I am sure.

Did you mean here ?..http://www.grainger.com/

No notice.

Grainger bought Professional Equipment about 5 years ago. Professional Equipment used to buy huge booth space at conventions in our industry. Grainger closed them down and rolled them into Grainger and informed us that they are done sponsoring our industry’s events.

Grainger sucks!
All their stuff is way overpriced IMO.

Not if you get the right type of account :wink:

I got an email from them back on the 6th and was under the impression that they had merged.

here is the link.

http://www.grainger.com/content/professionalequipment?cm_mmc=EMP--eNewsletter--20140106ProfessionalEquipment-_-ProductsProfessionalEquipment&cm_em=kevinmleonard@cinci.rr.com&RIID=119786231&SG=NULL

Grainger bought them in 2007 from a husband and wife team that formed Professional Equipment. Rumor is that they got $10 million for the company. Anyway, the couple went on to become partners in HON.

I got the same update a few weeks back. It sucks, i still have a PE catalogue on my desk. Grainger is not the same.

Care to elaborate Nick on what IO may start to carry?

That really stinks. A majority of my stuff came from PE. The new Grainger site is hard to navigate. Not to mention that the prices are higher, compared to the latest PE catalog.

You tell me what you want and I’m sure IO will stock it for you.

PE was actually bought by Lab Safety which was later bought by Grainger. Like many small companies that are bought by larger ones…they first say they will keep them the way they are and then the big investors start cutting to make bigger and bigger margins and before you know it…they are shut down. The investors do not care about the customers or even the employees…just the bottom line…the problem is…that just means you suck the company dry…then the investors move on to their next victim to suck the life out of…I can mention many other examples…ITA comes to mind.

It is a damn shame that PE is no longer. Home inspectors will miss them…they also were a reseller for us for many years and were great people to work with at PE until Grainger came in…like I said…it was the same thing with ITA.

Being bought by a big corporation is not what it used to be…especially if all it is is a company ran by a big investment company…which is happening all across the country.