HVAC Course

Really enjoying the HVAC course. Looking forward to taking all the free courses that are available.

This inspection on a unit was very revealing.
One of the most important things for an efficient unit is a clean filter. This one as you can tell was very dirty. I explained to the owner that its very important to maintain clean filters to assure the unit wouldn’t be overworking its self. also. I had a licensed HVAC contractor tell me that a dirty filter could cause a 20% decrease in efficiency. For instance, a 15 seer unit could drop to a 12 seer due to a dirty filter.

Mark Moreland
MDM Home Inspections
mark@mdmhomeinspections.com
MDMHome Inspections.com

just getting ready to start course.

2 Likes

Congrats and good luck Steve. It not only helps in inspecting your clients units, but your own. My furnace just went out and is going to have to be replaced. It sure helped talking to the HVAC contractor with knowledge of what the problem was and replacement standards and cost are.

1 Like

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

1 Like

Almost 12k on for full replacement on my first estimate (duel fuel furnace and heat pump).
A little over 8K on the second total. Fortunately the existing heat pump (12 years and rarely used) is compatible with the new furnace replacement on the second est. Going with the furnace upgrade first.
Tax man is coming :thinking: :wink:

Sounds to me like a home office deduction. :+1:

1 Like

Won’t help on 2021. Wifey just got her 1099…

But '22 :thinking: :+1:

1 Like