Homecheck.com?? Has anyone signed up to them?

I got a call today from Homecheck.com. The sales lady said she got my number from Nick at InterNACHI.
They claimed to be a lead site for Home Inspectors. From the long conversation I had with her, they seemed to be bogus. After 25 minutes I told her I don’t make commitments over the phone please email me, that’s when she hung up on me.

Has any one got any calls from them?

My feeling is keep far away!

So she got your number from Nick, huh. No surprise there even though he swears up and down he doesn’t release any of our information to anyone. Though I know there are other ways they can get it and claim it was from InterNACHI/Nick.

Trust your gut home check.com is worthless.

Ask yourself, where the bleep do they get their leads from?

Most people looking for a home inspector ask:
Their Real Estate Agent
Friends/Family
their Facebook friends
Yelp/Google/ or maybe Angie’s List (depending on location).

By the time any finds themselves ready to sign up for any of these “lead sites” to find an inspector, you’re talking a percentage of a percentage of potential clients.

It’s like the story Tim Ferris tells of lions and field mice.

“A lion is fully capable of capturing, killing, and eating a field mouse. But it turns out that the energy required to do so exceeds the caloric content of the mouse itself. So a lion that spent its day hunting and eating field mice would slowly starve to death. A lion can’t live on field mice. A lion needs antelope.”

These lead sites want to charge you big money to give you field mice. If they even have any mice to give you.

Sounds like she threw his name out there as a ploy. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t. Either way, the little tab on the left of the main screen will give you all the inspector contact info that is on file. Don’t need permission or Nick to do it.

When the call starts out with:

“we are _______ working with Nick Gromicko”

I know its time to hang up.

I tried them back in October of last year. The promise was at least one non-competive lead per week, $350 for the year, 30-day money-back guarantee.

Not a single lead in three weeks. I emailed to cancel, got no reply. Emailed again, was promised that I would receive credit by a date certain. Date came and passed, no credit. Had to contest the charge to get my money back.

Don’t waste your time.

Thanks for the heads up William. :slight_smile:

Glad my gullibility was of benefit to someone!