I'm Tired of getting solicited by Advantage Home Inspection

I am not one to rant or speak hurtful things but this has to stop.

This company Advantage Home Inspection
http://www.advantageinspection.com/
864-298-0405

Has called me at LEAST 3 dozen times in the past few months. I have repeatedly told them I am not interested in there franchise or anything they have to offer.

I spoked with several different reps including 2 supposed managers. They assure me each time they will take me off there call list.

I get hammered several times a week from all types of businesses trying to sell me something but have never been disrespected to this extent. Enough is enough already.

My question to my fellow NACHI members is this happening to you? Have you heard of these jokers? If so is there something maybe you can do about this Nick? Maybe fire off a few harassment letters from the NACHI attorney?

Please let me know.

R.T.

Tell them to stop calling, and if they continue, you will file a complaint with the phone company.

That might work…

They have called me at least 10 times in the last 3 weeks. Next time they call I am going to tell them yes I will be there. And each subsequent time they call I will give them the same response. Of course I have no intention of showing up but if they want to keep buying a lunch for me and then having me not show up great. Maybe they will get the idea. LOL If they persist much beyond that I will show up with a piece of paper stating I am on the do not call list and if they continue I will report them.

Continue to set appointments with them for an interview…continue to no show each time. after costing them a bit of time and trouble, they’ll take you off the list.

That’s an interesting way to approach it. I may do that.

You see my opinion the know what buttons they can or can not push. Making idle threats will not work. I need an attorney or as a group we need an attorney to fire off a few letters, this may get there attention.

In the mean while I will try the method of schedule and not show :wink:

Ray,

Although James approach is probably wise, I would take the more direct route and tell them to go F…themselves.

I would write a stream of continual e-mails to Nick and Co.

These guys are suposedly NACHI members.

Teling them to stop once is fine; twice is frustrating, three times is annoying; four times is a problem, IMO

Now that (my friend) is exactly what I would do. I’m not shy in the least and I’ve done it before.

Dealing with telemarketers was much more fun when my son was first talking. I would answer, they’d ask for Mr. Maday and I would hand him the phone. He (my son) would be on the phone for 5 min or more - I assume the telemarketer hung up at some point.

Not too many called twice! :cool:
</IMG>

Mario that’s the insane thing no matter what you tell Advantage Home Inspection Reps, they keep calling!

I know there has to be many more who have gotten spammed with calls from Advantage Home Inspection.

So what ye say Brother Nick? I have the phone records to prove the barrage of calls. Including Rep and Manager names and time/date of calls.

This is what Advantage Home Inspection makes all employees wear when the come to work! http://www.appscout.com/images/spam%20boy.jpg

I like messing with telemarketers too, “what are you wearing”, “I’m wanted for murder, and my phone is tapped, where can we meet at”, etc.

However, messing with people with my business line makes me feel some sort of backlash might happen.

:wink:

Here are some fun things you can do with Telemarketers. Trust me, they work.

Speak as if you can’t hear anything while the telemarketer makes a pitch. “Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? Oh, I guess not.” (hang up)

Tell the telemarketer that you’ll be with them in a second; you have a call on the other line. Then pretend to transfer, but don’t. Pretend to speak to another person and tell them you have some dumb telemarketer on the line. The telemarketer of course hears everything.

Speak a foreign gibberish language. This works for panhandlers on the street too.

(In response to carpet cleaning services). “You clean carpets? Fantastic, you’re just what I need. Can you get blood out of carpets? Yes? A whole lot of blood? I’ve got a lot of blood on my carpet, it’s everywhere, and I need some help, fast. Can you come over right away? But don’t let anyone know you’re coming OK?”

If they want to give you a loan, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

Telemarketer: “How are you today?” Response: “Well, that’s so nice of you to ask. As a matter of fact, I’m a bit upset because my cat got the runs. And you know, just last night, I felt this twinge in my back as I was bending over to take care of a hangnail on my big toe. Have you ever had one of those? I hope not, because it’s as bad as an itchy scalp, and I’ve got that all the time. You just don’t know the pain I’m in…etc”

Telemarketer: “Is Mr. or Mr. Smith there?” Response: “No I’m sorry, they’re not.” Telemarketer: “When will they be in?” Response: “Well, they died…”

The Seinfeld classic: (in response to a telemarketer) “Thanks for calling. Say, I’m a bit busy right now. Would you mind giving me your home telephone number? …Oh, you don’t like getting business calls at your home? Well, neither do I. Good-bye.”

Telemarketer: Is this Mr. Smith?
Response: Yes
Telemarketer: How are you today?
Response: Fine thank you.
Telemarketer: I’m conducting a survey on behalf of candidate Stanley Liebigski. Could I ask you a few questions?
Response: You just did.

Ya gotta love this one

Let’s have fun. Here’s more…

If they start out with, “How are you today?” say, “Why do you want to know?” Alternately, you can tell them, “I’m so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my car won’t start…” When they try to get to the sell, just keep talking about your problems.

If they say they’re John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

This works great if you are male: Telemarketer: “Hi, my name is Judy and I’m with XYZ Company…” You: (Wait for a second) With a real husky voice ask, “What are you wearing?”

Cry out in surprise, “Judy! Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?” Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.

Say “No”, over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.

If a telephone company calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as SINISTER a voice as you can, “I don’t have any friends…would YOU be my friend?”

Ask him/her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you could not just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.

Tell the telemarketer that you work for the same company, they often can’t sell to their fellow employees.

Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a telemarketer, set the receiver down, shout or scream “Oh my God!!!” and then hang-up.

Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their HOME phone number, you will call them back. When the telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their HOME number, you say “I guess you don’t want anyone bothering you at home, right?” The telemarketer will agree and you say, “Now you know how I feel!” Hang up.

Let them talk and then ask them to repeat everything they said, several times.

Tell them it is dinner time, BUT ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

Tell the telemarketer you are on “home incarceration” and ask if they could bring you some beer.

Tell the telemarketer, “Okay, I will listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I’m not wearing any clothes.”

Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. “Come on Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how’s your momma?”

Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up… louder… louder… louder…

Tell them to talk VERY SLOWLY, because you want to write DOWN EVERY WORD.

Funny as hell and great advice David!